Razors, brushes, soaps and latherizers for sale

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
jmw19psu

Razors, brushes, soaps and latherizers for sale

Post by jmw19psu »

I've refined my techniques down over the past year or so, and ended up with quite a bit I don't use or need.
Prices do not include shipping, but I'm open to package deals, and will ship globally. I'm not that interested in trades, but will entertain offers.
All razors have been scrubbed and soaked in alcohol; all brushes got a shampoo and condition.
Please PM with questions or to reserve items; Paypal accepted from any source, or check or MO upon clearing.
Thanks, Jon.

$25 Sold Merkur slant-bar in Art-Deco style case. Excellent condition, has minor tarnish in the knurling.
$20 Sold Gillette Fatboy adjustable, date code F1, minor chrome wear, excellent shaver.
$20 Pending Gillette Long-handle adjustable, date code K3, minor chrome wear.

$10 Sold Super-Speed, no date code, has notched inner bar. Chrome is worn on knob.
$5 ribbed-handle 3 piece, no date code, most plating is gone. Mild shaver, would polish up nicely.
$5 aluminum-handle 3 piece, date code L4, minor chrome bubblin on top plate, handle has light wear.
$5 wide-handle open-comb, has patent #'s on comb, comb is "coat-hanger" shape, plating is mostly gone.
$5 knobbed-handle open-comb, has "2" beneath top plate, comb is smoothly arced. Handle has small cracks at both ends, as is common with these. Shouldn't be a problem if not overtightened.
$5 Sold Gillette travel razor in case. Date code L2, handle is heavy (brass or steel), unlike others with aluminum. Very good condition, minor dulling of chrome in spots.

$8 Sold Eversharp-Schick "Hydro-Magic" injector - has a lever to loosen the head for thorough rinsing. Minor tarnish; solid otherwise.
$8 Sold Personna stainless-backed injector. Nicely balanced, minor scratch on the head.
$15 Sold PAL stainless adjustable injector - heavier than the Schick adjustables, good adjustment range, minor scratches to stainless.

$5 Caswell-Massey brush stand, will hold the 2236 or C-M brush, vintage logo
$60 Comoy's of London-branded Vulfix 2236 Super Badger brush. This is simply too larger for me to use comfortably; soft feel on the face, but stiff enough to lather soaps well.
WITHDRAWN Caswell-Massey 41401 badger and bristle brush. Priced low as it sheds a bristle now and then. Fairly scrubby brush, great for soaps.
$15 Sold Caswell-Massey portable Pure Badger brush, rarely used. Fairly small, but whips up a good lather. Bristles are fairly scrubby on the face.

$70 Campbell Lather-King Jr, model J-11500, has new power cord (24") and new heating coil. Works very well, fairly quiet, and includes half a bottle of cleaning fluid.

$25 Sold Sunbeam Heated Lather Dispenser. I haven't found any info on this; I bought it NOS on Ebay. It uses bar soap to produce fairly good hot lather, though it does take a while. Comes with everything shown below, even the vintage Dove, and a bracket to wall-mount it. The water ratio is adjustable, and it works well with shaving soaps - there's a bit of C&E Sandalwood residue in the brush. If you've ever wanted hot soap lather at the press of a lever, this is for you!

$4 Sold QED Rose Geranium soap stick - my skin just doesn't like it. Great lather and strong scent, 2" of soap remaining.
$4 Sold QED Chocolate soap stick, smells like good chocolate, 2" of soap remaining.
$8 Sold Saint Charles Shave Oakmoss-Lavendula soap and tin. Great soap, but I seem to be sensitive to oakmoss. Used 4 times at most - see soap level.
$5 Sold Pashana aftershave - a few years old, still very strong. Sandalwood, patchouli and musk dominate - very masculine scent, just not for me.
Last edited by jmw19psu on Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 17 times in total.
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

YGPM, and so forth.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
olkev

Post by olkev »

PM sent
Ol' Kev
If the girls don't think you're handsome, at least let 'em think you're handy . . . - Red Green

Gold Gillette Tech
pre/post '48 Gold Aristocrats (2)
1970 Gold Gillette Super Adjustable
goolimari

Post by goolimari »

PM sent for Slant Bar..
Mike_S

razors

Post by Mike_S »

PM sent

Mike
jmw19psu

Post by jmw19psu »

PMs replied to; confirmed items so marked.

Jon
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

PM sent.

Cliff
"Everything that can be invented, has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

YGPM
"A well lathered face is only half of a good shave"
jmw19psu

Post by jmw19psu »

list updated and PMs replied to.

Thanks, gents.
Jon
jmw19psu

Post by jmw19psu »

Sunday night bump and some updates.
jweaver

Post by jweaver »

PM sent
Jeffrey Weaver

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril. "
Sir Winston Churchill

http://scoffery.com