A trade. Fountain pen for ??? or $40

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
jpolaski

A trade. Fountain pen for ??? or $40

Post by jpolaski »

I'm continuing to thin the herd. I have some pens I don't use, and a face I shave daily. Make me an offer. I'll sell the pen for $40 +shipping at cost

LAMY IS GONE

Second is a vintage Goldfink pen. A smaller pen that fills with built in piston. By unscrewing the blindcap on the back a know is revealed allowing you to manipulate the piston. A clear ink view window is built into the barrel to show ink level. The nib is a semi-flex with a ton of iridium. It is solid 14 karat gold. the nib unit unscrews for easy cleaning. Oddly enough, I found that this nib unit is fully switchable with the unit in a Pelikan 120. There is some brassing to the cap band and clip, but it is slight. A great writer that reflects the designs of a post war Germany. Made in Berlin.

So there you have it. People out there have been expressing interest in trying fountain pens. What better way to start, and help out a newbie that needs some new gear :)

[edited for spelling and additions]
Last edited by jpolaski on Fri May 25, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older."
sysiphus

Post by sysiphus »

Beautiful pens!
If I only had a brush or Fat Boy!
David

Post by Baloosh »

I have one of each (extra B&B brush and extra Fatboy) and the wetshaving hobby has turned me on to the pens... looks intriguing. I've never actually used/owned a pen like these. Are these good "starter" pens?

Anyone know?
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Baloosh, yes they are good starter pens. They fall between low-end to lower mid-level pens.
Sfox7076
Keeper of the Coates

Post by Sfox7076 »

Don't have the fountain pen bug, yet, but I hope you get better soon.

Shawn
"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, a great deal of it is absolutely fatal" - Oscar Wilde
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

PM sent for the Lamy

Raf
"A well lathered face is only half of a good shave"