Anybody want a 6 toed kitten?

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
Pete_T

Anybody want a 6 toed kitten?

Post by Pete_T »

Hes very friendly. Is from a bunch of strays that my mom feeds outside. She got him in the house, and he didnt want to leave after that. Hes free, of course. Has had shots and been dewormed and defleaed (I guess that how you spell it.)

He does have six toes, so if your a Hemingway fan, you gotta get him. One of his eyes is bad, but he wont need medical treatment for it or anything (there is nothing that can be done anyway), he just isnt going to be able to see out of it very well.

Id prefer that he spend most of his time inside, they live much longer that way, but if thats not viable for you, then its just not viable.

Im willing to drive 100 or so miles from Mobile to meet someone who wants him. If your interested and in the same general region Im in, but a good deal more than 100 miles, PM me anyway, and perhaps we can work something out.

Ill also be going to New Orleans within the next three weeks, so if anyone around that area is interested, let me know, and we can meet up in a week or two.

Thanks
final_id

Post by final_id »

Hey. No to the cat, yes to the New Orleans meet up. I do like all God's creatures, but I'm sorry to say I'm not a cat person, so the way that I'd "like" this collectible would probably be in a gumbo. :twisted: (Naw, actually, it's really cute, and I used to own a cat. Mmm, but cat gumbo ... mmm ...)

I live with relatives in New Orleans right now, and have too much time on my hands. I'd love to meet new folks and just shoot the breeze.
Cliff in New Orleans
Pete_T

Post by Pete_T »

Well, what I meant was that I could meet up in New Orleans with someone who wanted the kitten, but yeah, it would be cool to meet up w/ a few members there. Maybe have lunch or something.

In case anyone is wondering, my mom cant take him cause she has 6 cats in her house already, plus strays that she feeds, and I cant take him cause Ive got 2 cats myself, and thats more than enough for the apt Ive got. Im sure the neighbors on my moms street think of her as the crazy cat lady already, so one of you kind gentlemen could help her out with that.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Damn!!!!!!! Damn!!!!! Damn!!!!

How much do you think it would cost to ship the little bugger to NJ? Can that even be done?

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
offshoot

Post by offshoot »

fallingwickets wrote:Damn!!!!!!! Damn!!!!! Damn!!!!

How much do you think it would cost to ship the little bugger to NJ? Can that even be done?

Clive
Another "babe magnet" -item? :lol:

Vesa
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

offshoot wrote:
fallingwickets wrote:Damn!!!!!!! Damn!!!!! Damn!!!!

Clive
Another "babe magnet" -item? :lol:

Vesa
Clive has his natural charm.

Here you go:

http://www.pettransporter.com
Richard
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for the link. before i go off on a tangent, let me see what this gent pete says.

Clive
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Don't worry Vesa, I have the ultimate chick magnet......LOL
offshoot

Post by offshoot »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Week saved! Clive, you are #1.

Excuse me, but I have some coffee mess here to clean up...

Vesa
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

fallingwickets wrote:Don't worry Vesa, I have the ultimate chick magnet......LOL
Chicks do dig fried chicken.....

-Mo
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
Pete_T

Post by Pete_T »

fallingwickets wrote:Thanks for the link. before i go off on a tangent, let me see what this gent pete says.

Clive
Well, Im up for it, Let me see what the cost is for that, though.
Pete_T

Post by Pete_T »

They want an address to get a quote, Ill call them and see if I can get an info over the phone.

Well, that doesnt seem like its gonna work out. They dont transport kittens under six months, and the woman said that it would prolly be cheaper for you to fly down here and take it back in the plane cabin with you. They said they usually arent any cheaper than 500$. Ill see if any other services are more reasonable, but I wouldnt be surprised if that age restriction was universal.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for the consideration Pete. I envy the person that lands up getting the kitten.

Clive
*doesn't fly*
Pete_T

Post by Pete_T »

Thanks for wanting him, Clive. Ill keep researching, see if theres anything I can find. It looks like most services want him to be a little older to be shipped, and its not very cheap. Id consider something around 100-150$, but 500 is too much for me. I do fly, but Im afraid a trip up to New Jersey to give away a kitten is a little more than I can afford right now.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I just showed my friend a picture of the cat and she said: What about fedex. She told me they sent her a snake from florida that way.

Clive
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

acoldspoon

Post by acoldspoon »

There is no reason to use a pet shipper. The shippers just charge you a few hundred bucks to do things you could do on your own. You'll also have more piece of mind if you handle this in person, as opposed to farming it out. This is way simpler than you guys think. Delta Airlines has the best reputation when it comes to shipping animals, and will ship the cat if it is over 8 weeks of age. Their rates should be as follows:
Cargo shipping- $153
Kennel- $45 or about half that at a Petco or Petsmart store
USDA Pet health certificate- About $25-$50 at most vet offices
Total: $200-$250 give or take, and you will get to keep the kennel for future vet visits.

Here are some sources of more info:
http://www.delta.com/planning_reservati ... /index.jsp
http://www.delta.com/planning_reservati ... .jsp#cargo
http://www.delta.com/planning_reservati ... /index.jsp
Cheers,
Peter J
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Pete i am going to check with fedex and see how much they charge, or if they do it at all. If not, we'll do the delta plan Pete from Brooklyn was so kind enough to post about. I cannot believe I'm doing this, but that cat is soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute.

I'll PM you tomorrow and let you know about fedex etc

Clive
acoldspoon

Post by acoldspoon »

Assuming he's flown into LGA or JFK, I'd be willing to hop over to the airport and give you a hand if my schedule permits. I'm also here for you if you have any questions as to what you should expect. I can also look into Continental, as they might ship him to Newark for you, and they are a Delta partner.
Cheers,
Peter J
jkovach

Post by jkovach »

I used Continental to ship my dog from LAX to Houston last November, who was 40lbs at the time (5 months old). You should be careful shipping animals in the summer, however. The area on the plane has A/C, but our pup was lost for about 3 hours after landing (7.5 hours total time incl flight), and I'd have been very worried if it was hot out.

For the $250, you should look into a round trip ticket. I know some airlines let you take a small animal underneath your seat for $50 in an approved carrier. Total cost should be similar, and you have the kitten with you the entire time.

Just the opinion of someone who's shipped a pet and stressed about it.