WTT: Slant for HD *DONE*

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
Stainless_persona

WTT: Slant for HD *DONE*

Post by Stainless_persona »

I have a slantbar. In the interest of trying something I havn't tried yet I would like to trade it for another razor. I would very much like a regular HD... would take a mint fat-boy or mint slim adjustable.

EDITED
Last edited by Stainless_persona on Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris
closeshave

Post by closeshave »

PM sent.
Miles
°°°°°
In a village, the barber shaves everyone who does not shave himself, but no one else. Who shaves the barber?
JimT

Post by JimT »

Chris,

Regardless of how your request turns out, stick with your instincts on trying the HD. It is a great razor and there is a reason so many have liked using it.

JimT
The Riehle Axiom - "One test is worth a thousand expert opinions"
Stainless_persona

I actually ordered one for a co-worker because its "the go to razor for beginners" but I was quite impressed with it. Looks like a fine piece fo hardware.
Chris
JimT

Post by JimT »

Chris,

The Merkur HD is a great razor for experienced and beginning shavers alike. I bought two gold Merkur Slant Bars and one chrome Merkur HD straight bar razor and eventually sold the used slant bar while the unused slant bar sits in a drawer. The straight bar HD works so well for me that I have no driving desire to try any other razor. The head design of the HD makes the shave less dependent on the installed blade. Also, the HD does not require much concentration and has a relatively short learning curve.

JimT
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

The Merkur HD is an industry and wet shavers standard. It is used by many beginners and experienced shavers. You just about can't go wrong by purchasing one since it is easy to sell if by chance you don't like it.

If you like a heavy razor on the Merkur HD style get a Merkur 38C. I must warn you though, there is no grey area in this razor. You will either love it or sell immediately after you use it one time (love/hate scenario).

Enjoy your shave... :)
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
Stainless_persona

I KNOW I KNOW!!! Now the hard part is finding someone in a similar position, but wants to try a slantbar and doesn't so much need their HD anymore. I figure, with almost 4000 members somebody out there is that person. Maybe, if you're out there, you bought a feather or straight and it became your daily shaver, maybe you... GASP... quit and went back to your sensor xcel... WHO KNOWS. Maybe you are OCD and you bought 4 merkur HDs because you can't help yourself, I say, let the healing begin, trade one away.
Chris
JimT

Post by JimT »

Chris,

Why not buy it new? Classic shaving or QEDUSA.com both have it and the latter has a good price. You may likely own it a very long time.....

JimT
Stainless_persona

what fun would that be? I'm trying to avoid buying new but I will as a last resort. Also, I am not a collector, and I accumulated too many razors creams and brushes and I am trying to simplify. Not to mention I just bought a feather AC Stainless off a member. Even though I got a great price, it was still quite a price.
Chris