WTB: DR Harris Milk (old formulation)

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
diggity

WTB: DR Harris Milk (old formulation)

Post by diggity »

PM me if interested. I will make it worth your while.
Nathan
John 5

Post by John 5 »

Good luck, and may soft water be with you (I believe that's our equivalent of 'may the wind be at your back') :wink:
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Oooh, good luck with that!
Richard
diggity

Post by diggity »

Oh I know. I just liked one up the other and love it. I would like to buy two to three more.
Nathan
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Nathan, So would a lot of people ( chuckle ). You've got to wonder, is D R Harris REALLY selling more of their new version than they did of the old? I'd honestly be surprised if they are.
Gordon
Crhis

Post by Crhis »

I wouldn't be too surprised. Each time I've asked about aftershave, or even just cologne for that matter in store I've always been pointed quite strongly towards the Milk. Plus if there was any sort of wetshaving resurgence then it could coincidentally be timed with their introduction of the new formula.

I told you about the (what I assume is the) managers comments regarding the old formulation, right? She claimed that it didn't sell well and that the formula wasn't 'stable'.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Christopher, To me, that behavior suggests that it isn't selling, and they're doing everything possible to move it. Products that sell well, you don't have to be constantly pushing them on customers. No, I really think the made a miscalculation with this one. They had a unique product that did have a following, and they replaced it with something very like stuff that a score of other firms offer. "Unstable"?...my ass. Because you best give it a quick shake before use? Really! We have shipped old bottles of it to each other all over the world an neer a problem.
Regards,
Gordon
diggity

Post by diggity »

She sounds like a moron. Gordon, have you spoken with anyone over at D R Harris about this? I would think that they would want to have some input from the shaving community here...maybe even offer a "light" version (aka old formula) of the current milk.

BTW--I am STILL looking for another one..through all of this thread!
Nathan
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Those of us that have some treasure it very highly and aren't too thrilled on giving it away. :D
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
diggity

Post by diggity »

I know, I have some. As I said, I will make it worth your while.
Nathan
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

I realize it's completely outside of shavegeek protocol, but I "cut" some of the new Milk with some Pink aftershave and it came out pretty nice. I even tried a 50/50 dilution with pretty good results. 66/34 (Milk/Pink) is perhaps more suitable for dry Colorado winters.

Just saying....
Lynn
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Nathan, No, not really. After they continued to stone wall me about their brushes, I didn't feel up to it. I may yet though...now that they've had that heavier stuff out for awhile. No harm in trying, I suppose.
Regards,
Gordon
diggity

Post by diggity »

Well, I began emailing DR Harris about this...so we will see where it leads. I will keep you guys posted.

As mentioned above, anyone have any they would like to sell to a kind gent (yes, me), please let me know. :wink:
Nathan
ksteryous

Post by ksteryous »

Nitrox wrote:Those of us that have some treasure it very highly and aren't too thrilled on giving it away. :D
So I confess, I'm the irreverent heretic that actually sold my old stuff to Nathan, and got him hooked. I wasn't planning to, but Nathan can be pretty convincing (chuckle). Anyway, Nathan, I'm glad you like it well enough to put out a forum wide search.... :)
diggity

Post by diggity »

ksteryous wrote:
Nitrox wrote:Those of us that have some treasure it very highly and aren't too thrilled on giving it away. :D
So I confess, I'm the irreverent heretic that actually sold my old stuff to Nathan, and got him hooked. I wasn't planning to, but Nathan can be pretty convincing (chuckle). Anyway, Nathan, I'm glad you like it well enough to put out a forum wide search.... :)
Ah yes, thank you so much again....you indeed started a search!
Nathan
ksteryous

Post by ksteryous »

Before I start a firestorm due to my confession, let me set the record straight for all those who had expressed interest in my old Harris Milk (which wasn't for sale).

Nathan was actually the first to make an offer for it, and I initially turned him down, too, like I did the rest of you.

The difference is that Nathan kept increasing his offer to a point that I finally couldn't turn it down...and please don't ask me what the offer was. So for those of you who PM'd me about the milk, I hope there's no hard feelings.

Sorry for the brief hijack....now continue on the search for more.....
diggity

Post by diggity »

Ahem....the search continues ;) I am just looking for a couple more bottles out there and don't want to be obnoxious in this thread (already feeling like I am)...so this will be my last bump.
Nathan
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

diggity wrote:Ahem....the search continues ;) I am just looking for a couple more bottles out there and don't want to be obnoxious in this thread (already feeling like I am)...so this will be my last bump.
Oi... Now he just wants "a COUPLE more bottles"... :lol: :lol: :lol:
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
diggity

Post by diggity »

Blue As A Jewel wrote:
diggity wrote:Ahem....the search continues ;) I am just looking for a couple more bottles out there and don't want to be obnoxious in this thread (already feeling like I am)...so this will be my last bump.
Oi... Now he just wants "a COUPLE more bottles"... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was hoping that would get a laugh... :lol:
Nathan
ksteryous

Post by ksteryous »

I don't call it being obnoxious when you're willing to make it 'worth your while'....now if you were only offering a trade for something that everyone can still get???.....well maybe then.

But making it 'worth your while' clears you of the obnoxious charge.