CLOSED: Free Product: Pay It Forward

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
MR.Z

CLOSED: Free Product: Pay It Forward

Post by MR.Z »

Once upon a time, not long ago I was a newbie. I bought some of everything to try. Some razors and creams I have given to friends that used a specific product that I had. I have some product remaining.

I want to give this product to a "NEWBIE" that may otherwise not have the funds to try so many products. You know by now that there are hundreds of products to try. Here's what I have available:

1) Tobac Soap in original ceramic jar= 99.8% remaining
2) Feather TTO Razor= used once, in plastic case
3) Feather Hi Stainless blades (Black)= 2 new 5 packs
4) Astra blades= 3 new 5 packs
5) Gillette 7 O'Clocks (green)= new pack of 5
6) Feather New Hi Stainless (Yellow)= 9 blades
7) Merkurs= 7 blades
8) Shark Super Chromes= 3 blades
9) Bic (Greece)= 3 blades
10) Wilkinson Sword (India)= 1 new pack of 5
11) Speick shave cream= about 1/2 of a tube
12) Musgo shave cream= about 1/2 of a tube
13) Wilkinson Sword boar brush= used only once

I will send all of the above to someone at my expense. I ask that if there are products you have already tried, that you Pay It Forward to another newbie.

This will give some newbie everything they will need to get started.
Irv (Mr.Z)
Last edited by MR.Z on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Good Morning Irv! I applaud your kind and generous offer. Free shaving stuff, Musgo Real SC and Tabac in a bowl, plus a ton of blades and othe stuff. Wow!!! Thanks for coming to SMF! Meanwhile, I'm thinking that a lot of guys will stop by and browse later on today after the kids have finished hunting for their Easter eggs and things are quieting down at home. Have a great day!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Very generous Irv, you are to be commended.
Regards,
Squire
MR.Z

Post by MR.Z »

Thank you (PM),
I appreciate the kind words. I admire your desire to keep the PIF concept moving forward. I realized after following many forum threads that there are men and women that don't have the means to get started with wet shaving. That is, beyond disposable razors and cans of foam. I have been fortunate enough to be able to help. There are so many different products that I remember being overwhelmed when I first started. I remember my surprise at how expensive it was to get started. As you know once you find the right combination of products that work for you, most products last a long time. If you try something you don't like, why not give it to someone else to try. And so it can go on.... Most of us probably have drawers full of product they have tried and are not using. Your words of encouragement are appreciated. Thanks for the support. (':)')
Best regards,
Irv (Mr.Z)
L. Martino
Voted (fill in blank) member of SMF...

Post by L. Martino »

Hi Irv,

Thank you for making this generous offering available to a lucky member.

Martin
Von

Post by Von »

Hello everyone, I have been interested in trying out some wet shaving and this looks like a pretty nice way to get started. What do I need to do take up Mr. Z on his very generous offer?
Last edited by Von on Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brothers

Post by brothers »

send him a private message (PM) by clicking on his "PM" button in the original post, ask him if it's still available, and if so send him your mailing address. Welcome to SMF! Congratulations!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ateace

Post by ateace »

What a nice, clean thread! :wink:

Good luck with this offer. It will give someone a lot to work with for quite a while.
druphus

Post by druphus »

Welcome to the forum Von! Good luck with the great gear that's being offered!
Regards,
Andy
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hey Von, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire
vanduse1

Post by vanduse1 »

As a newbie it sounds like I just missed this fantastic offer.

I just ordered my first brush and cream (Proraso) to get me started. I still don't have a DE to try but will be looking into one of those next (Still more research). Looking forward to trying this new method out!

Dan
MR.Z

Post by MR.Z »

Hi Dan,

Although this batch of product is already being sent to someone else, there will be more.... there are many products to try and as I do, I will give away what I am not going to use.

I suggest you start with a vintage Gillette Tech razor. They are very forgiving and gentle. I bought mine from Bob's Razor Works with a newly designed handle. It is great. Remember good technique, a good brush and the blades are most important.

Irv
stagger

Post by stagger »

vanduse1 - I too can whole heartedly recommend the Gillette Tech, it's an excellent razor and can be found for a fair price easily.
Regards,
Mark -
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hey Dan, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire