WTB Somerset Simpson

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
river1

WTB Somerset Simpson

Post by river1 »

If anyone has a Somerset Simpson to sell or trade please let me know. I have been wanting to try one but seem to be late in trying to buy the ones listed as they are always sold.
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

On a tip from a member at Simply Shaving, I contacted Emily at Em's Place (http://www.emsplace.com/products.htm), who had a Somerset Beaufort 6 in stock, which I ordered. You might check with her by email to see if she has another one left.
_______
John
kooshman7

Post by kooshman7 »

Hey glad that was left there for you John! That was definitely the last Beaufort 6 though, unless Em has a Classic Shaving sized warehouse and misplaced some stock! :lol:
Joe
river1

Post by river1 »

Thanks John and Joe as I ordered one and specified Pre-Vulfix as instructed by Emily. The order was accepted and I haven't heard anything since then, so I have my fingers crossed. Anyway, at least I had a shot and a Beaufort 6 sounds like it is large enough to contain the hair from an entire badger. As an aside, I live in Beaufort County and the town of Beaufort is a short distance away.
kooshman7

Post by kooshman7 »

I hope that I am mistaken river1 and she has one left. I think that the website might not automatically have a shutdown on the stock when it runs out and has to be done manually. When I ordered mine back in January she indicated that she only had 2 Beaufort 6's left, and I ordered one of those two, and then I saw John's post looking for them and I mentioned that and his order went through so I think he got the last one. Would be awesome though if you could get one! Living in Beaufort County and being close to the town of Beaufort would be quite a coincidence! :)

Also on Somerset Simpsons, I remember some time back english_barber of The Gentleman's Shop mentioned he got his hands on a lot of Simpson brushes. Quoting directly from the post,
english_barber wrote:
Gary Young wrote:Personal advice would be to get a mid 80s Simpson brush whenever possible. You would be guaranteed then to have a brush made by one of the staff who would have had over 30 years experience turning handles and producing knots. From the family's point of view this was when the brushes were at their very very best. The badger hair we were using was of a fantastic standard, much better than you can find on the market now. Commenting from within the industry during that time it really was the 'Golden Age' as far as brush quality was concerned from Simpsons.
Happy New Year to you all!

Just before Christmas I acquired another private collection of 90, unused boxed pre Vulfix Simpsons!

They are all have slightly yellow handles and look somewhat older than anything I've ever seen before. Almost museum pieces and very different.

Watch this space...
I've been waiting for some time to see any more mention of this, but haven't seen it yet.

Also, some NOS Pre-Vulfix Simpson brushes have been turning up at B&B as well. No idea where those are coming from, but they've been trickling out slowly still.
Joe
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I hope that you get your brush........Ot ems place is such a rich resource; great site

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
river1

Post by river1 »

fallingwickets wrote:I hope that you get your brush........Ot ems place is such a rich resource; great site

clive
Thanks Clive and I have been very impressed with the immediate response and customer service at Em's Place. They are outstanding from my recent experience.
river1

Post by river1 »

I bought one new in the box pre-Vulfix and Em's Place has one left. If anyone wants the last one, let me know or email Emily.
Bestarrkin

Post by Bestarrkin »

Is that one is a Beaufort 6 as yours?
river1

Post by river1 »

Bestarrkin wrote:Is that one is a Beaufort 6 as yours?
The one that I bought is the Beaufort and the one left is a Beaufort.