FS: Super rare Gillettes *CONCLUDED*

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
IAmTheJody

FS: Super rare Gillettes *CONCLUDED*

Post by IAmTheJody »

NOTICE: This listing has concluded and unsold razors are withdrawn.

I've really enjoyed collecting razors but as part of my new year's resolution of getting back to basics, I'm moving on from collecting and more into enjoying the shaving itself. Vintage razors are simply wonderful, beautiful pieces of functional art and it's time to share with others.

Firstly, I should note that every razor in my collection is for sale in which you can see a full listing here and pictures at my personal web site photo gallery here. If you see something you'd like that isn't listed below, PM me.

But here specifically, I wanted to point out the following rare items as they are the ones in my collection with a firm asking price. I'm offering them on the forums first before going to eBay so that I can pass on some savings since I won't have to pay eBay fees if I sell them off of eBay:
  • 1949 "Executive"; rhodium-plate; twist-to-open; solid bar guard; double-edge; original ostrich leather case; original instructions pamphlet; original two foil-sealed 20-blade dispensers and original 10-blade cream colored dispenser that lets you know this is the 1949 Executive and not the 1950 Executive; razor near mint, case excellent including the case mirror and the ostrich leather - none of the corrosion usually seen on these on the metal bands that go around the center of the case; seen here in my razor collection gallery - very rare set - $650.00 firm.
  • 1958 "red dot Fat Boy"; D-1 date code; nickel-plate; twist-to-open; solid bar guard; double edge; adjustable; original thicker Fat Boy case; both razor and case in excellent condition - the case itself is as rare as the razor. Razor is near mint. Seen here in my razor collection gallery. $650.00 firm
  • 1958 "Toggle"; D-1 date code; first year of the retail Toggle in the long blue acrylic case; gold-plate; flip-toggle-switch-to-open; solid bar guard; double edge; adjustable; mint New Old Stock with sealed blades, gold foil $10.00 price tag, instructions booklet and un-used warranty registration card - Seen here in my razor collection gallery. - $550.00 firm
  • 1958 "Executive"; aka "gold Fat Boy"; D-3 date code; First year of the adjustable Executive; gold-plate; twist-to-open; solid bar guard; double-edge; adjustable; razor and case near mint - Seen here in my razor collection gallery - $350.00 firm
  • SOLD - 1960 "195 Adjustable"; aka "bottom-dial Fat Boy"; F-4 date code; nickel-plate; twist-to-open; solid bar guard; double-edge; 1-9 adjuster ring at bottom of handle; with original 195 Adjustable case and sealed blades/dispenser; sold for $1.95 hence the official name 195 Adjustable; the case has a broken hinge, a crack in the lid and some crackling within the lid but just to have this case, it's so rare, those defects do not matter at all to any collectors - Seen here in my razor collection gallery - The case alone would sell for several hundred dollars as it's so rare. $1400.00 firm. One sold a few weeks ago on eBay, WITHOUT A CASE, for $1875.00 as you can see here.
Open to international locations with the usual "except for Italy" exception. At your cost for registered, secured and insured shipping. Thanks.

CONUS buyers: Please note that these will be mailed via insured, signature-at-time-of-delivery-required USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate shipping and is not included in the prices. That cost will be based on how many items you buy. Generally if you only buy 1, it'll be about $8.00. As the size of the USPS flat rate box increases due to more items, the price also increases. But I don't charge any extra. Only what USPS charges me.

Payment via PayPal only. I have 100% positive feedback on eBay with 650 entries and can provide the link on request. I also have 100% positive feedback on The Shave Den and while there is no feedback system on Shave My Face, I haven't had a complaint yet other than where I mis-read the date code on a Fat Boy but I promptly refunded the member's money.

So there you go. An opportunity to give a good home to some awesome and rare pieces. Send me a PM for further payment details. :)[/b]
Last edited by IAmTheJody on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.
-Jody (the male version)
-My personal web site featuring photo galleries of my razor collection is here.
-My Shave Cave? It's here.
LookingGlass

Post by LookingGlass »

Jody,

Good luck in selling. These guys are way above my pay grade :shock: :shock:

Ed
Dale

Post by Dale »

Wow!
Regards,
Dale
Silb3r

Post by Silb3r »

Woah, talk about cleaning house!
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

Thanks gents. Yes, I'm getting out of collecting and trying to clear my head of razors. It's gotten to the point where when I'm out in public, my eyes are scanning everything looking for a razor. lol!
-Jody (the male version)
brothers

Post by brothers »

It can make one a bit crazy.

Edit: it just occurred to me that your statement could easily apply to just about any obsession we have. We can all relate to this, regardless of what the object of our fixation may be. :shock:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Straight Arrow

Post by Straight Arrow »

Great razors for sale here Jody. But I submit that the only way to truly clear your head and reset your thought processes is to simply give it up and walk away. If you sell these beauties you will only have cash in your hand that will surely lead you right back into the chasm. Might be best to surrender the razors. Think about it.
Rich
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

Straight Arrow wrote:Great razors for sale here Jody. But I submit that the only way to truly clear your head and reset your thought processes is to simply give it up and walk away. If you sell these beauties you will only have cash in your hand that will surely lead you right back into the chasm. Might be best to surrender the razors. Think about it.
Oh no, I have a few more important things to spend the money on. As my car is finally paid for, things have decided to start falling apart on it. There's also the TV on the fritz and lately my computer has been giving me those dreaded Windows blue screens after 7 years problem-free. I'm done with collecting and am surrendering them all. :D
-Jody (the male version)
Paul12644

Post by Paul12644 »

In many ways it frees the mind from materialism and promotes reflection on the really important things of life. I'm just not quite there yet Jody.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Same here Jody, I've got lots of stuff from collecting days, guns, watches, fountain pens, too much shaving stuff to count, etc. Trying to get true value for these items will be a burden on the heirs so I've decided to dispose of it all and give the kids the money.
Regards,
Squire
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

Paul12644 wrote:In many ways it frees the mind from materialism and promotes reflection on the really important things of life. I'm just not quite there yet Jody.
It's taken me some hard reflection and lots of time to get there but It's my new year's resolution: enjoy shaving, spend collecting money on things I'll actually use.
-Jody (the male version)
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

Squire wrote:Same here Jody, I've got lots of stuff from collecting days, guns, watches, fountain pens, too much shaving stuff to count, etc. Trying to get true value for these items will be a burden on the heirs so I've decided to dispose of it all and give the kids the money.
Exactly! And since I don't have any kids, my nephew will be the one to get spoiled. :lol:
-Jody (the male version)
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

A 3-days-later bump. :D
-Jody (the male version)
Paul12644

Post by Paul12644 »

Hi Jody,

It's a pity, but you'll have to wait until the last 10 seconds to know what you need to know.

Paul
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

OK, opening these up to international locations with the usual "except for Italy" exception. At your cost for registered, secured and insured shipping. Thanks.
-Jody (the male version)
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

The bottom-dial Fat Boy has been sold! The others are still available!
-Jody (the male version)
tonyespo
The Goldfather

I did the same thing

Post by tonyespo »

About a year ago I decided to keep a few daily shavers and sell "The Gold Collection." I didn't want to be burdened with selling individual razors so I put the whole package on Ebay with a Buy it Now for $5000. It was sold in less then 1 hour. I never checked to see that most of the razors I had in my collection had tripled in value from the time I bought them.

I'm going to do the same thing with my Parker 51 collection. I just haven't gotten around to posting them yet.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

An 11-days-later bump with a price reduction on the red dot FatBoy. :)
-Jody (the male version)
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

14 days later bump... any reasonable offers? PM me.
-Jody (the male version)
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

Hi all. I really need to move these as I'm done with collecting and would really like to see these go to people who can appreciate them. To that end, I'm drastically lowering the prices as follows:

The 1949 "Executive" from $650 to $500.

The 1958 "red dot Fat Boy" from $650 to $500.

The 1958 "Toggle" from $550 to $450.

The 1958 "Executive"; aka "gold Fat Boy" from $350 to $280.

Also a reminder that in addition to these, everything in my collection as seen on my web site gallery is for sale so if you see something there you'd like, contact me via PM.

Shipping rules still apply as noted in the first post of this thread.
-Jody (the male version)