WTB: Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon and Cedar shaving cream

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
Paul12644

WTB: Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon and Cedar shaving cream

Post by Paul12644 »

Any of this left not being used? Please PM if so.

Paul
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Hmmm, lemon and cedar together - sounds very interesting. Can you describe it a little more, just for those of us who have never heard of it? Thanks.
_______
John
Paul12644

Post by Paul12644 »

I'll try. Charles Tyrwhitt is a high-end British clothing retailer who in the mid 2000's came out with a line of shaving supplies, with a shaving cream and after shave balm in lemon and cedar scent, apparently very faintly scented. I haven't tried it, owing to the fact it was discontinued 4 or 5 years ago. It is very highly spoken of by those who have used it, so I thought I would try to find some that wasn't seeing any use.
Last edited by Paul12644 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

It's great cream. Old Creighton's make, so really an excellent formula, and the scent is intoxicating. I hope for your sake you don't find any, as it will only break your heart to know it and not be able to use it indefinitely. I got rid of mine shortly after acquiring it lest I become too attached before it inevitably ran out.

OTOH, I hope you do find some, as it means it still exists, somewhere, and everyone deserves the chance to try this very remarkable cream.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

Last count had our esteemed Dr. Moss at just over 4 tubs. That's probably still pretty accurate.

:twisted:
Jason

Post by drmoss_ca »

I gave two away to deserving souls and am down to one and a half. It is lovely stuff, being made by Creightons with a Taylor's recipe. It is the same as the old, old Taylor creams before the first reformulation of 2004, except for the scent, of course.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

My apologies then.

So it's either find those two deserving souls, convince Chris to give up one of his last tubs, or keep putting the word out by bumping this thread every week or so.

All I know is, my tub isn't going anywhere. :D It's probably the one I'll move on to next, after I finish my current tub of cream.
Jason

Re: WTB: Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon and Cedar shaving cream

Post by loftybob »

Having sadly come to the end of my 200ml tub of my glorious Lemon and Cedar aftershave balm, I've contacted Nick Wheeler at Charles Tyrwhitt pleading with him to consider relaunching this product. The response from a colleague there, was that it was discontinued because it didn't come up in their stats as a 'popular seller'; I then replied saying it may have been because at 200ml the tub sizes were too large - it took too long to use up and they didn't get the repeat orders in quickly enough to show it was well-liked?

I get the feeling they might just respond to feedback from people who would love to see this product available again, so if you feel so inclined please email them at:

ForNickWheelerOnly@ctshirts.co.uk

Got to be worth a try ....
brothers

Post by brothers »

Bob, sounds like a plan that couldn't hurt! Might be worth a try. And thanks for stopping by at the mighty SMF!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Crag

Post by Crag »

This was one of the very first creams I ever tried after starting to Wet-Shave in 2000...It was gifted to me and I used the whole tub up...I was shocked when someone at another forum told me it was discontinued. It had a lovely scent which reminded me of an old wooden closet lined with Satchets my mother used to make when I was little...Lemon Peel, Rose-hips, and a sprig of thyme, mixed with the heady goodness of cedar wood...Heavenly

The closest I've found was from a little known manufacturer called True Gentlemen, but there's no lemon...the cedar is true wood scent, just like you'd find in an old closet...I've thought about adding essential oil to it, but have no idea how much and wouldn't want to ruin it...the scent was a light lemon with a nice heady cedar which rinsed away after the shave...lovely.

I'd advise you to snatch up any of the CT you can find...they made a few scents, but none as good as the Lemon and Cedar variety.
Matt

"The 'Path of least resistance' is what makes rivers and Men crooked."
--Ezra Taft Benson