WTB: Long shot creams

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
IAmTheJody

WTB: Long shot creams

Post by IAmTheJody »

A long shot, I know but never hurts to try....

I'm looking for either or both of these discontinued creams...

Proraso Wheatgerm, aka Proraso Red, shave cream

Noxema Protective Shave Lather shave cream

Thanks!
-Jody (the male version)
-My personal web site featuring photo galleries of my razor collection is here.
-My Shave Cave? It's here.
Silb3r

Post by Silb3r »

PM sent!
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

Thanks for the Razor & Brush info. Wish they were still open for business.

Alas, still looking for these creams...
-Jody (the male version)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Those were the day's!!!! Giovanni had everything...
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thinking of Razor & Brush, and going back now and then to browse the product lineup makes me feel a bit sad. Not because all of the products are unavailable, because that's not the case, not counting Giovanni's house branded products. It's sad because he had put his heart and soul into creating an astounding variety of excellent products that weren't available anywhere else, at that time.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Indeed. One might argue that without his shop (and the enthusiasm of some of his more faithful customers), Omega boars, Arko sticks, Floid aftershaves, and a host of other now widely-known shave goods might have remained obscure here in the States, or at least taken several more years to enter the general wetshaving consciousness.

Hope you find both of these creams, Jody. I have twice "traded" for Noxzema and never received my end of the swap. Once I was swapping Proraso Red for it (!)...I was nonplussed, to say the least. Both are excellent products.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

Well I'm holding on to hope as a friend over on The Shave Den just got gifted a new tube of Noxzema. So I know they are out there, somewhere. :lol:

Also since I'm thinking about it, I'm also looking for the Italian Palmolive Red shaving cream too.
-Jody (the male version)
Silb3r

Post by Silb3r »

brothers wrote:Thinking of Razor & Brush, and going back now and then to browse the product lineup makes me feel a bit sad. Not because all of the products are unavailable, because that's not the case, not counting Giovanni's house branded products. It's sad because he had put his heart and soul into creating an astounding variety of excellent products that weren't available anywhere else, at that time.
TRBeck wrote:Indeed. One might argue that without his shop (and the enthusiasm of some of his more faithful customers), Omega boars, Arko sticks, Floid aftershaves, and a host of other now widely-known shave goods might have remained obscure here in the States, or at least taken several more years to enter the general wetshaving consciousness.
*Tear* I bought my first shaving brush, an Omega silvertip, from him in person!
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

Well the email I sent to Giovanni bounced back saying his inbox is over quota, aka full. Not really surprised. Guess the next step is to call the number listed on the old site. Other than that, I'm hoping someone comes along willing to part with a tube or 10. :lol:
-Jody (the male version)
ATLpr8head

Post by ATLpr8head »

I am kicking myself for selling my last NIB Noxzema on another site a couple months ago. I still have a 1/4 tube I am rationing and enjoying though. I will be honest though its not that great of a cream. I superlather it with regular Noxzema cold cream for an incredible shave. The Proraso was nice but still prefer the original. I have 3 tubes of it and wont sell this time. Its nice as a subtle alternative to the greeen though.

Giovanni is missed dearly. I spoke with many quite a few times and what an amazing gentleman. He offered stuff that was so hard to obtain years before the competition.
Shawn
IAmTheJody

Post by IAmTheJody »

Finally got a NOS Noxzema! Now still looking for the Proraso Red. :D
-Jody (the male version)