Completed....................WTB: ER '14

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
ShadowsDad

Completed....................WTB: ER '14

Post by ShadowsDad »

That didn't take long. I have one coming in.

I'm looking for an older model. The one with the knurled handle. It should also be in really good user condition, but don't think it needs to be in collector condition. It also doesn't need to be part of a set.

If you have one you'd be willing to part with, or see one for sale and you don't want to bid on it please let me know.

Thanks gents!

FWIW, The razor I acquired is a gorgeous razor that I purchased from a gent on this forum. I don't have permission to use his name, so I'ts going to be up to him to step forward to take a bow. If I knew it was OK with him, I'd thank him publically.
Last edited by ShadowsDad on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm not familiar with the acronym. Even limiting the venue to shaving related articles, I'm not connecting. This fact alone probably makes it obvious I don't have one, thereby rendering any response of mine innocuous.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

:-)

That would be an EverReady '14 SE razor.
Brian

Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

Good luck with the hunt Brian!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
river1

Re: Completed....................WTB: ER '14

Post by river1 »

Thanks Brian, and I have owned the razor for over five years but never used it. It is nice to have someone like you as the new owner who appreciates what I once treasured. It is enjoyable to show my collection to family and grandsons who are amazed at the quality and beauty of the 100 + year old razors which are still new and shiny. Doug

ShadowsDad wrote:That didn't take long. I have one coming in.

I'm looking for an older model. The one with the knurled handle. It should also be in really good user condition, but don't think it needs to be in collector condition. It also doesn't need to be part of a set.

If you have one you'd be willing to part with, or see one for sale and you don't want to bid on it please let me know.

Thanks gents!

FWIW, The razor I acquired is a gorgeous razor that I purchased from a gent on this forum. I don't have permission to use his name, so I'ts going to be up to him to step forward to take a bow. If I knew it was OK with him, I'd thank him publically.
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I didn't know if you wanted me to give you credit. Thanks for coming forward. Very nice razor my friend. A gentlemanly tip of my Tilley hat to you.
Brian

river1

Post by river1 »

Stay warm Brian, upstate Maine has been the coldest in CONUS for the past several days..... "4 o F Doug
ShadowsDad wrote:I didn't know if you wanted me to give you credit. Thanks for coming forward. Very nice razor my friend. A gentlemanly tip of my Tilley hat to you.
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanks.

One night there it went down to -15°F at least. My wife got up in the morning after it had warmed a bit and it was still -13. That isn't unusual for Maine though. At those temperatures we get arctic "sea smoke" which is really just fog coming off of the comparitively "warm" ocean. I think the ocean temperature that day was 38°. It's neat to see.

The coldest I can remember is -35°F 30 years ago. I remember it well since I was working in the woods for a gent. I was his chopper (even with a chainsaw it's still called being a chopper), and even at those temperatures the job is so strenuous that I was down to my longjohn top and sweating like one of the horses. Stop for more than a minute or 2 and you immediately had to put the layers back on. BTW, he was hauling the logs out with a team of draft horses. It's incredible what 2 real horse power can do! It's either moving or something might break, and you don't want to get in their way. People are tiny compared to draft horses.
Brian