SOLD: NOS Wilkinson Light Brigade Blades

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
churchilllafemme

SOLD: NOS Wilkinson Light Brigade Blades

Post by churchilllafemme »

I've decided to unload a few more of these wonderful vintage Wilkinson Light Brigade DE blades. Sharp, extremely smooth, and durable. And very difficult to find. Selling in lots of two 5-packs (10 blades total) for $24.49 shipped CONUS. The price will be decreased for combined shipping of multiple lots, but there will be no further price decreases. All Sold
ImageImageImage
Last edited by churchilllafemme on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_______
John
Gene

Re: FS: NOS Wilkinson Light Brigade Blades

Post by Gene »

I shouldn't, but I've got to try them.

PM coming.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
blantyre

Re: FS: NOS Wilkinson Light Brigade Blades

Post by blantyre »

Battle of Waterloo - hmm one of those would be perfect in my Leresche!
Rick
Shave4Fun

Re: SOLD: NOS Wilkinson Light Brigade Blades

Post by Shave4Fun »

Wonderful blades! I have a few stashed away! :)
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
Gene

Post by Gene »

Well, I am on shave 6 or 7 with the first blade from this group.

Lovely blade - no doubt.

Those older "Golden Era" blades - the Swede's and these are the absolute best. Nothing else I own comes close.

Now I guess I need to look for some of the Personna tungsten blades.

But maybe not - the arrival of these Wilks raised the eyebrows of my wife more than usual (haha). She accidentally saw my blade stash and wonders why I need more.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

Gene wrote: Now I guess I need to look for some of the Personna tungsten blades.

But maybe not - the arrival of these Wilks raised the eyebrows of my wife more than usual (haha). She accidentally saw my blade stash and wonders why I need more.
You're right. Of the blades I use the Light Brigades and Gillette Spoilers last about 25-30 shaves. The Personna 74 can go to 40+ shaves before any sign of dulling. Feathers and Super Iridiums only last about 8 shaves at best. I keep a very small stock of these fine vintage blades just because they are so well made. I don't think that the shave is really any better than from a fresh Feather or SI but it's nice to have a blade from the golden age sometimes. Also with the amazing life the cost per shave is not much more than from a modern blade that wears out quickly.
Rick
Gene

Post by Gene »

I forgot about the Spoilers.

I see those on eBay fairly often.

I got 20+ from a Swede once. It was still smooth, but the shave itself was mediocre.
Gene

Mark Twain

Alan Moore