SOLD: Men's Size 11 Minimalist Running Shoes

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
churchilllafemme

SOLD: Men's Size 11 Minimalist Running Shoes

Post by churchilllafemme »

For sale are two pairs of men's minimalist running shoes in US size 11. According to Runner's World, the definition of minimalist is "Footwear providing minimal interference with the natural movement of the foot due to its high flexibility, low heel to toe drop, weight and stack height, and the absence of motion control and stability devices." I bought these used along with 3 other pairs to try, and I've decided that I like the others more because my feet need a higher level of cushioning, so I'm passing these on. Both pairs sold.

First, Saucony Virrata 2. These are always highly ranked in expert reviews. They are citron color with blue trim and weigh about 6.9 ounces. They are in excellent condition, with just mild wear and lots of tread left.

The Virrata 2 has a protective XT-900 layer that shields the critical sections of the sole unit from wear and tear. Made from high quality carbon rubber, it doesn’t wear off easily, and it delivers responsive traction over the surfaces. The part of the sole unit that is exposed to the ground uses triangular-shaped gripping lugs, giving the platform flexibility, cushioning and traction, so it can handle flat surfaces and slopes with ease and sureness. It has high flexibility.

Highly abrasion-resistant ethylene vinyl acetate is a very lightweight material which serves as the main cushioning system of the Saucony Virrata 2. It delivers flexible and responsive performance for neutral runners and those who prefer a close-to-the-ground running experience.

Mono mesh, a very lightweight and breathable material, is used for the Virrata 2 upper. It dries quickly, so there is no concern about water retention. Lightweight synthetic overlays are stitched onto the upper fabric. They guide the upper fabric in wrapping the foot securely because they are directly connected to the highly adjustable traditional lacing system.

An Internal Bootie Construction (IBC) allows the runner to sense a sock-like fit that’s comfortable and non-irritating to the skin. It follows the dimensions of the foot, providing next-to-skin comfort that’s reliable and flexible. HydraMAX™ is the collar lining technology. While keeping the foot comfortable, it prevents the inner fabric from absorbing moisture, thus keeping the environment odor-free.

$22 shipped CONUS, which doesn't quite cover my costs. They retail new for about $80.
ImageImageImageImageImage

And second, Brooks Pure Flow 5. These also are always highly rated by expert and user runner panels. They are in very good condition, with just light to moderate wear. There are no significant stains or tears. The shoes are black, and they weigh about 9.2 ounces.

The Pure Flow 5 has a relatively narrow heel and forefoot, and it comfortably accommodates narrow-footed to regular-footer runners.

The outsole unit uses a durable blown rubber that gives impressive traction on dry and wet surfaces and has high abrasion resistance, preventing the shoe from wearing too quickly.

The Tuned Density Midsole (TDM) material in the shoe delivers a customized ride. Its responsiveness depends on the runners’ weight and foot movement. The Omega Flex Grooves and the Forefoot Dynamic Flex Grid deliver midsole flexibility and added cushioning. The shoe’s rounded heel promotes normal midfoot to forefoot strike and offers a smooth heel-to-toe transition.

The upper features a breathable mesh that keeps the foot well-ventilated. It also has seamless 3D printed overlays that are highly stretchable, delivering a secure and adaptive fit. The anatomical Last follows the foot’s shape, delivering a glove-like feel.

$22 shipped CONUS, which also does not quite cover my costs. They cost $50 retail.
ImageImageImageImageImage
_______
John