Ask and ye shall receive - RAZORS. And BLADES

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Re: Ask and ye shall receive - RAZORS. And BLADES

Post by Pauldog »

The third shave with the Personna med prep/hospital blades was the best (a very good shave), maybe because it was "broken in," and maybe because I was using an early Gillette Rocket, which I've always liked.

The blade easily shaves quite close, and no irritation if I'm careful with the pressure.
libertine

Post by libertine »

The Med Prep vs Personna Blue debate can get heated quickly. My A/C is on now and like being cool.

My advanced-novice opinion from trying approx. 8 different blades - the Med Preps seem to be a good compromise of sharpness and smoothness. Works well in my mild to medium aggressive razors. Personal opinion, I can tell the difference and get a better overall shave from the Med Preps over the Personna Blues.

I ordered a box of 250 probably 18 months ago (great sale a Connaught's). Another 50 might would help my stash
levente

Post by levente »

Paul,

Might you have a Type L1 or any of the Type N Schick Injector razors?

Basil
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

What Schick razors might you have?
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

I have a bunch of Schick L1 injectors, and one N1. I have the twin blade variation on the L1, too, with a slightly different guard. (I have just about every other injector, too, though I can't guarantee that "Repeating" models before the Type D will have working blade insertion mechanisms.) I also have several Schick "Krona" DE razors, some in boxes. All these razors are used, in excellent condition.

I'd be willing to trade for a Schick "Platinum" DE model. That's the one made with both plastic and metal, with the twist knob in the head. (It seems to have been sold in Europe and not the US.)

The later injectors tend to be inexpensive, even new ones, maybe because of the Chinese Type L knockoff. (The N might be somewhat more expensive.) The Krona isn't too expensive, either. I'll have to figure out prices, unless you want to show me examples of recent sales. I'd ask less than the average recent eBay price, not counting unusually low auction results that got few bidders.
levente

Post by levente »

Paul,

Thanks for your quick response. I don't have the Schick "Platinum" DE model to offer in trade. My daily DE razor is a Krona, and I continue to sing its praises, and believe every DE shaver should own one.

To be honest, I have not checked out the prices for Injectors on eBay, as my vintage razor acquisitions have come either from antique shops or the SMF BST forum. I have looked at the new Injector razors offered at eBarbershop and Jet, but thought I would try here first. I am only interested in the single blade Injector razor, so if you could PM me with prices on the L1 and N1, perhaps we can work something out. Thanks again for your time.

Basil
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Muhle R89 and Jagger DE86BL

Post by Pauldog »

I now have a Muhle R89 with standard "twist" pattern chrome handle for sale. Mint condition, $28, including shipping.

I also have a Jagger R89BL, which has the same head as the Muhle, but a mostly black handle of about the same length. One minor flaw - a very small amount of worn plating at the bottom of the threads in the head. $21, including shipping.

If you want both, take off $2.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Blade inventory

Post by Pauldog »

Feather Hi-Stainless
Personna Hospital blades
7 O'Clock Green Label from India
7 O'Clock Yellow Label from Russia
Older Wilkinson from England, but not Light Brigade
Current Wilkinson from Germany
Astra Super Platinum
Gillette Nacet
Old Schick Super Chromium
Ancient Pal Hollow Ground carbon steel - at least some are from before Pal was part of American Safety Razor

Schick and Personna Injector blades, including some Schick Plus Platinum and non-stainless

I'm willing to break up DE boxes and send you an assortment.
jramire2

Post by jramire2 »

I'm looking for some NOS injector blades, specifically Personna Stainless, or Personna Super Stainless.

Please PM me if you happen to have any.
~Joshua
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

Hi Paul

I'm looking for a Super Speed to have up at our cabin, so I don't have to take kit up and back all the time.
Back in June you mentioned a W1 without the case. Do you still have?
Thanks
Slackskin
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Joshua and Slackskin, you have PM's.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

W-1 Super Speed Sold.

I don't have many Personna injector blades at all, but I now have a lot of Schicks - Plus Platinum old stock, somewhat recent Chinese ones, and American-made ones from the 1990's.