Razors that need refurbishing

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
brothers

Re: Razors that need refurbishing

Post by brothers »

brothers wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:15 pm
Pauldog wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:02 am The TTO knob sticks out too far. If I remember right, you have to push it in and twist it to move the doors. Anyway, something like that; the innards are goofed up. It would need to be dismantled. I suppose the date code will tell us how easy it is to dismantle.

I'll get out the razor later and post more details.
P'dog I have experience with taking a slim apart and re-assembling it. I also have a slim (adjustment clicker spring was broken due to someone who forcibly turned the adjustment knob past the number 9) that would be a parts donor if needed. If you trust that I am not a razor thief [-X , I will take yours apart with the intent to clean it internally and repair it (just a personal favor and no money changes hands in either direction unless you decide to sell it to me and I decide to buy it at an agreed-upon price) based on my amateur/enthusiast status. Regardless of whether or not I can successfully repair it, I will promptly send it back to you at my expense. It sounds to me that yours might be fixable.
Paul, you have 2 PMs!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Re: Razors that need refurbishing

Post by Pauldog »

The older Super Speed gave a very good shave, and you can't tell that anything had been wrong with it. On the other hand, Gary and I agreed that the Aristocrat was a wreck, and despite a noble effort on his part, I don't think I should try it.

There are still the other razors to fool with. Does anyone know how to tighten the flat piece of metal on many SE razors that presses on the spine of the blade to hold it in place?