FS: D R Harris Arlington Milk (old)

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
diggity

FS: D R Harris Arlington Milk (old)

Post by diggity »

Gents, I am whittling down my collection and have a 100ml bottle of the older formulation (tallow based) D R Harris Arlington. As you know this milk is impossible to come by and is much better than the newer formulation. The milk was reformulated in '06, so this bottle is a bit old, but still smells great and has the same consistency as if it were new. It has not been used and will come with the original box. $125 shipped CONUS
Attachments
IMG_9022.jpg
IMG_9022.jpg (72.27 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
Nathan
diggity

Re: FS: D R Harris Arlington Milk (old)

Post by diggity »

Lowering to $100
Nathan
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Has it been reformulated a second time? With the original (rose scented) Shaving Milk, the best sort was thin and watery and came in a glass bottle, and this was replaced with a homogeneous creamy goop that came in a pump bottle exactly like the one in your photo. I didn't care for that one, being a totally different product and with a much cheaper artificial rose scent. The story may have been different with the Arlington version, which I have never used.
Original Shaving Milk:

First Arlington:
The first pump bottle had a top like the one shown in your photo above, but here is the newer pump bottle:

I guess I'm wondering if the redesign of pump bottle signified another reformulation?
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
diggity

Post by diggity »

This is the original from 2006, prior to the goopy mess they replaced it with :). This is the tallow based version that is light weight and thin and watery.
Nathan
diggity

Post by diggity »

Also, the Arlington version performs the same as the rose that you like, just with the Arlington scent.
Nathan
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Thank you; I never knew the old watery stuff, which was excellent, was ever in a pump bottle.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

glwts....just popped in to say it is very NICE to see you out and about :D :D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
diggity

Post by diggity »

Yes, Chris, I only believe that the Arlington came in a bottle like this.

Thanks, Clive, it’s good to see you too! Life is settling down a bit more here as my two children are getting older. So I should be around these parts a bit more :)
Nathan
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Nathan, I'll echo Clive to say that I, too, am glad to see you here. Seeing you here more, as you suggest, would be even better! :)

- Murray
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

This intrigued me too as I have only known the the old formula watery aftershave milk from Harris. To see it again in the wild is something to behold.

I'm not interested in the Arlington scent as my memory and preference is of the old rose. But if they perform the same (and the old stuff delivered) and someone can get on with the Arlington scent it should be an excellent buy.

Good luck with the sale and good to see you here again.

Chris
diggity

Post by diggity »

CMur12 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:38 pm Nathan, I'll echo Clive to say that I, too, am glad to see you here. Seeing you here more, as you suggest, would be even better! :)

- Murray
Thanks, Murray. Yes, well, you know - life and such. I have a 5 and 2 year old, so things have been VERY busy for a while. I appreciate it. It's good to see folks still around :)
Nathan
diggity

Post by diggity »

EL Alamein wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:53 pm This intrigued me too as I have only known the the old formula watery aftershave milk from Harris. To see it again in the wild is something to behold.

I'm not interested in the Arlington scent as my memory and preference is of the old rose. But if they perform the same (and the old stuff delivered) and someone can get on with the Arlington scent it should be an excellent buy.

Good luck with the sale and good to see you here again.

Chris
Thanks, Chris. It's good to see you, too.

Yes, the Arlington performs the same as the old Rose. They are identical except for scent.
Nathan
diggity

Post by diggity »

And, the final price drop to $80.
Nathan
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I also have about half a bottle of the Arlington in the old style pump as well as another old Arlington
in a regular bottle with screw on top.
I also have the newer versions of all the other scents and let me tell you that there is no comparison.
Like the good Doctor said, the new ones are goopy, greasy, and stay on greasy when applied.
The older ones are exactly the consistency of milk. They go on easy and do not feel greasy.
As I'm getting older, my face is more sensitive to the grease and I try to stay away from them. Aftershaves with alcohol are also getting sensitive for me and I'm using more 'tame' aftershaves and balms.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
diggity

Post by diggity »

Very last drop to $60
Nathan
diggity

Post by diggity »

Dropped again to $50