SOLD: Vintage Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' DE Razor Blades - Reduced Again

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
churchilllafemme

SOLD: Vintage Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' DE Razor Blades - Reduced Again

Post by churchilllafemme »

A few more of the vintage Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' blades for sale. Extremely rare and difficult to find, they are thought by many to be the very finest blades ever produced. For many men they will last 20+ shaves without dulling, and they will provide extraordinarily smooth shaves in both vintage and modern razors. They have not been available retail for many years. I am selling 40 of them in lots of 10 blades in the original dispensers. Two of the display cards have had the top half torn off. Prices include PayPal fees and CONUS shipping.

All of these have sold. But I am offering another 40 at the same prices. See post below.
Prices reduced!

All sold

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by churchilllafemme on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
_______
John
blantyre

Re: Vintage Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' DE Razor Blades

Post by blantyre »

Great blades John, at least 20 shaves without pulling. I only wish that the offer of the 9 x 12 print of the Battle of Waterloo print was still valid. I imagine that those went years ago! If only Wilkinson had been in business at the time of the Battle of Hastings history might be very different.
Rick
churchilllafemme

blantyre wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:10 am Great blades John, at least 20 shaves without pulling. I only wish that the offer of the 9 x 12 print of the Battle of Waterloo print was still valid. I imagine that those went years ago! If only Wilkinson had been in business at the time of the Battle of Hastings history might be very different.
Yes, they're my favorite, and I managed to collect quite a few. But health issues mean that I only have 8-10 more years of wet shaving, so I need to decrease my stock somewhat.

I think accounts suggest that the Normans probably had better quality swords overall than the English at Hastings. I guess if King Harold's primary forces had used Wilkinson swords instead of their Danish battle axes, things might have gone differently. But it seems that it was tactics rather than weaponry that determined the outcome.
_______
John
Gene

Post by Gene »

churchilllafemme wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:48 amBut health issues mean that I only have 8-10 more years of wet shaving, so I need to decrease my stock somewhat.
A sad message embedded there - sorry to read this. I hate that our members are going through anything.I think I bought a few LB's from you a year or so ago - they are nice blades, no doubt. Wish I was in a position to buy more.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
churchilllafemme

Gene wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:03 pm
churchilllafemme wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:48 amBut health issues mean that I only have 8-10 more years of wet shaving, so I need to decrease my stock somewhat.
A sad message embedded there - sorry to read this. I hate that our members are going through anything.I think I bought a few LB's from you a year or so ago - they are nice blades, no doubt. Wish I was in a position to buy more.
As they say, it is what it is. In many ways, despite some challenges, I have been extremely fortunate in my life, including my rediscovery of traditional wet shaving. The years I have remaining to me, regardless of exactly how they unfold, no doubt will have many moments of peace and joy.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Another 40 are available. Ten 2-blade dispensers and four 5-blade dispensers. Same prices as original listing.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Re: Vintage Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' DE Razor Blades - Reduced

Prices reduced on the remaining 40
Last edited by churchilllafemme on Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Re: Vintage Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' DE Razor Blades - Reduced Again

Prices reduced again on the remaining 40
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Re: Vintage Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' DE Razor Blades - Reduced Again

Another reduction on the remaining 40: