WTT Heljestrand MK33 - withdrawn

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
Sando

WTT Heljestrand MK33 - withdrawn

Post by Sando »

Withdrawn - thanks for the interest

Gents
I’m looking to add to my modest collection of 14s. I can offer this Heljestrand MK33 in trade. Size 7/8 with slim and sleek scales. She’s in very good+ condition, smooth shaver, closes tight. I’ll send her out with a coticule finish on her edge.

Maybe you have a 14 in similar condition laying around not being used? Fili, Palmera, something else? Straight up trade. More pics available.
Thanks.
Last edited by Sando on Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brothers

Re: WTT Heljestrand MK33

Post by brothers »

Sando, I need a bit of additional info, to better consider your offer. Does a "14" mean 14/16? If your razor you're offering is 7/8, that tells me you're looking for something else. I do have a Filarmonica 14, which I think is 8/8 (16/16) and some others. The reason I'm interested is that I like those larger razors, and an Heljestrand MK33 is pretty special in my book.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sando

Re: WTT Heljestrand MK33

Post by Sando »

Hi Gary
From my research the 14 designator is a moving target. I don’t know who it originated with but I think you could be on the right track with 14/16. But I’ve seen 14s that measured as small as 5/8 and as big as 8/8, from different makers of course.

In any case I agree the MK33 is a special razor. This one is not without blemishes but nevertheless very nice. She measures at 7/8. The scales are ivory and cannot be appreciated via a picture - they’re incredibly sleek and sexy. They might be the element I appreciate most on this beauty; however the thumb notch, the tang, and its size work to give it an excellent balance.

I’m seeking to add another 14 to my stable. I think the rarity and condition of this particular razor put it in a similar category of the coveted 14s of the known and lesser-known makers. I’m open to considering anything you may want to offer. Thanks for the consideration.
Ray