INDEPENDENCE DAY GIFT EXCHANGE / ASSIGNMENTS SENT!

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
Kalypso
Poster of Easy Virtue

I think.....

Post by Kalypso »

It means we shouldn't be sending each other any tea.....
"I want my money back for this suit. You're nancy-boy cream leaked all over the pockets -- Suits ruined.".....Kenny Banya

Some call me Doug.....

http://www.modelplace.com/?op=member&id=3448
Ben

Post by Ben »

:lol:
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Ben

Post by Ben »

Gentlemen,

Six SMF members are currently signed up for this exchange. Thanks to those who have already elected to participate!

I would like to see this number grow!

There are five days left until registration closes for this gift exchange. Don't miss a good opportunity to have some fun and score some nice shaving gear!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
KC_Dave

Post by KC_Dave »

I'm in

Dave
Ben

Post by Ben »

List updated.

1. Ben
2. Kalypso
3. Gatorade
4. msandoval858
5. RWelch76
6. khari
7. KC_Dave

Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

So what happens if you end with an odd number? Someone buys something for themself? :D :D

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
Kalypso
Poster of Easy Virtue

Odd......

Post by Kalypso »

The odd man gets a bottle of scotch from every other member......
"I want my money back for this suit. You're nancy-boy cream leaked all over the pockets -- Suits ruined.".....Kenny Banya

Some call me Doug.....

Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

I'm in too. Sorry to tank your Scotch plans. :P
Greggy D.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Re: Odd......

Post by rtaylor61 »

Kalypso wrote:The odd man gets a bottle of scotch from every
other
member......
How would you decide which members are the "other" members? Odds & evens? Wow, that would be a lot of Scoth Whisky!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Kalypso
Poster of Easy Virtue

We all

Post by Kalypso »

We're all "members" of the human race...lol!

Some call me Doug.....

Ben

Post by Ben »

List updated.

1. Ben
2. Kalypso
3. Gatorade
4. msandoval858
5. RWelch76
6. khari
7. KC_Dave
8. Greggy_D

12345Michael54321

Post by 12345Michael54321 »

What the heck - count me in.

Now someone else had better sign up by tomorrow, so we can get back to an even number.
Ben

Post by Ben »

List updated.

1. Ben
2. Kalypso
3. Gatorade
4. msandoval858
5. RWelch76
6. khari
7. KC_Dave
8. Greggy_D
9. 12345Michael54321

Ben

Post by Ben »

Registration for the exchange will close as soon as one more SMF member signs on to make an even number of participants.

Thanks!

12345Michael54321

Post by 12345Michael54321 »

All kidding about scotch aside, why does it matter whether we have an even number of participants?

I mean, so long as the person to whom one sends a gift needn't be the same person from whom one receives a gift (and this is stipulated in the original post), this would work perfectly well with an odd number of people.

Example: Three people (an odd number) participate. They are Andy, Bobbi, and Zebulon. Andy sends a gift to Bobbi. Bobbi sends a gift to Zebulon. Zebulon sends a gift to Andy.

Result: Everyone sends a gift. Everyone receives a gift from someone else.

However, I took those fuzzy, liberal arts courses in college, where the highest math I needed was sufficient basic arithmatic to calculate my GPA, so maybe I'm missing some subtle point here?

Or perhaps it's just that I don't much like scotch. (Don't get me started; my two best friends are serious scotch drinkers, one of whom is actually from Scotland. They can happily debate for hours the peaty-ness of an Islay vs. that of an Orkney, whereas to me all scotch whiskey tastes identically vile.)
Ben

Post by Ben »

12345Michael54321 wrote:I mean, so long as the person to whom one sends a gift needn't be the same person from whom one receives a gift (and this is stipulated in the original post), this would work perfectly well with an odd number of people.
You're absolutely right!

Ben

Post by Ben »

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.

Ben

Post by Ben »

Gentlemen,

I have used www.random.org to make the assignments for the gift exchange. I sent each of you a private message that lists your target and gives other necessary details. If you have any questions, send me a PM.

Thanks again to all of the participants!

Remember that all packages must arrive on or before Monday, June 26.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :twisted:

Greggy_D

Post by Greggy_D »

Can we send them now or should we wait until we get closer towards June 26th? Should we wait to open them until a certain date?
Greggy D.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Greggy_D wrote:Can we send them now or should we wait until we get closer towards June 26th? Should we wait to open them until a certain date?
Well, I didn't really specify how early people should send. It's a matter of good judgment to make sure the packages meet their recipients in a timely manner. If you're the kind of guy who likes to wait until the last minute, maybe an early June shipment is the right move. Also, I think it's wise to open the packages as soon as they're received. You never know what might be in the boxes. :lol: