Gillette NEW FS ***SOLD***

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
Gatorade

Gillette NEW FS ***SOLD***

Post by Gatorade »

Gillette 3 piece NEW open comb with case. The case is not original nor was it ever a razor case before now but it works well for 3 piece razors. Razor has been scrubbed and polished so it is good to go. (I don't boil gold razors and it takes the finish off) Razor has some considerable wear on the face and would be in user condition, not really display worthy. Aside from the cosmetic issues it is still a great 3 piece. That means it will probably be able to be used till they stop making DE blades. These are the most durable razors made with no moving parts at all. Very easy to learn on. Includes an Israeli Persona blade. $7.00 standard delivery in the US. SOLD

PayPal, check, money order. Canada friendly!

Priority Mail add $2.05
Canada add $1.50
Last edited by Gatorade on Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Still available.
DEF

Post by DEF »

Hey, everyone --

This is a nice little shaver at a great price. I really like this razor for beginners, as its head geometry ensures a good blade angle and low risk of nicks.

Based on my experience restoring a similar NEW this week, I can tell you that what you see as "gold" on that top plate is probably the brass showing through, and the "copper" colored spots are probably the last remnants of the gold plating. If you hit the top plate lightly with some 400, then 600 grit sandpaper and follow up with Brasso, you'll get a shiny bright mirror-finish brass head. The handle is a bit more problematic, becuase on mine it seems to be a copper alloy under there. You can shine it up, but it will be copper instead of brass. Still, it might look pretty sharp that way.

Bottom line: For $7, this one will clean up nice and shave very well.
Doug
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

SOLD