FS or FT: Gillette Old Type Pocket Edition Razor *Reduced*

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
JBahn

FS or FT: Gillette Old Type Pocket Edition Razor *Reduced*

Post by JBahn »

I have a Gillette Old Type Pocket Addition comb razor. I do not know much about this razor however I have been told it is from the 20's. The razor is in excellent shape and would make a fine shaver.

Price is 12.00 shipped to anywhere in the US or Canada.

Didnt have anything particular in mind that I would be interested in trading for so please throw out anything. I know I would trade for two boxes of Merkur blades if anybody has any.

Thanks for your interest

Last edited by JBahn on Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
--James--
Brett G
Viscount Krona

Post by Brett G »

Not to pee on your scooter but your razor isn't a NEW it is an Old Type Pocket Edition most likely made in the 1920's. They tend to be a little less desirable to the wet shaving set because they shave a little differently than the NEW. Good luck with your sale/trade.
Brett
JBahn

Post by JBahn »

Thanks for the info Brett.

Do you know where I can do a little research for myself because I have had two other forum members tell me it was a NEW.

I know very little about the Gillettes and know even less about where to find info on them.

Thanks for looking out...I dont want to advertise a sale for something I dont have.
--James--
DEF

Post by DEF »

James --

I owe you an apology. I believe I was one who misidentified that razor from the other photo.

For the record: James was given bum information; don't blame him for the misidentification.

We did, however, learn the phrase "Pee on your scoooter." So something good came out of it.

BTW, James, there's a way to edit your thread title; maybe it's as simple as clicking "edit" on your first post.
Doug
JBahn

Post by JBahn »

No harm, no Foul.

I have edited my original post to reflect the truth.

Thanks for looking out guys. Always good when a newbie gets help.

What a famous phrase..."pee on your scooter" Good Stuff.
--James--
Kalypso
Poster of Easy Virtue

Here's the info......

Post by Kalypso »

JBahn wrote:Thanks for the info Brett.

Do you know where I can do a little research for myself because I have had two other forum members tell me it was a NEW.

I know very little about the Gillettes and know even less about where to find info on them.

Thanks for looking out...I dont want to advertise a sale for something I dont have.
This got skipped me thinks.....Gillette Info:
http://www.geocities.com/safetyrazors/gil_ser2.htm
"I want my money back for this suit. You're nancy-boy cream leaked all over the pockets -- Suits ruined.".....Kenny Banya

Some call me Doug.....

http://www.modelplace.com/?op=member&id=3448
JBahn

Post by JBahn »

Price reduced to 8 dollars shipped.
--James--