Smart shave has some 'splainin to to

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
hedonist

Re: Smart shave has some 'splainin to to

Post by hedonist »

Joel wrote:
Is there a difference between Acetyl Salicylic Acid, and Salicylic Acid?
Yes, as already stated in this thread ASA is esentially Aspirin. It is a key ingredient in helping diminish imflammation. Salicylic acid is an oil penetrating acid that helps exfoliate but can be harsh for some skin types.

Let us know how the pads work out b/c I am curious about trying this stuff out.
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

Any feedback on the use of these pads Joel?
roberev

Post by roberev »

I too purchased the trial pack last week. My wife complained that the exfoliating toning pads made my face smell like glue. Needless to say, I won't be buying more based on that alone. Personally, I think that they do a good enough job, but I still find Sharps face tuner to smell and work better.

I also tried the aftershave balm. It dries tacky on my face, and stays that way indefinitely. It compares to Musgo Real aftershave balm in that regard.

I have yet to try the shave cream. Maybe the shave cream will at least give ShaveSmart 1 out of 3 in my book. I'll know tomorrow.

Rob
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i appreciate you guys taking one for the team!!!!!!!!!!1 dont think i will be ordering this stuff

sam
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

roberev wrote:I too purchased the trial pack last week. My wife complained that the exfoliating toning pads made my face smell like glue. Needless to say, I won't be buying more based on that alone. Personally, I think that they do a good enough job, but I still find Sharps face tuner to smell and work better.

I also tried the aftershave balm. It dries tacky on my face, and stays that way indefinitely. It compares to Musgo Real aftershave balm in that regard.

I have yet to try the shave cream. Maybe the shave cream will at least give ShaveSmart 1 out of 3 in my book. I'll know tomorrow.

Rob
Funny you should mention the Sharps toner, it is my all time favorite. My current skincare regimen consists of:

wash face in shower with Gelskin Wash
apply shave cream with brush
shave with assortment of creams
rinse with cold water
apply Sharps toner with cotton round
finish with Baxters oil free moisturizer

My skin has NEVER looked better! 8)
SmartShave
Proprietor Of Smart Shave

Post by SmartShave »

Hi Joel, I'm glad you liked the Exfoliating Pads. And thanks for trying out the system.

Acetylsalicylic Acid (as noted) is aspirin. While it is a derivative of Salicylic Acid, it is not Salicylic Acid, nor does it act like Salicylic Acid. For folks that are using Salicylic Acid in an acne topical treatment, this is important: if they use Smart Shave, they are not "doubling up" on their application of Salicylic Acid. Also, sensitive skin types often can't handle even low concentrations of Salicylic Acid, especially every day, but Acetylsalicylic Acid rarely causes problems. (The gentle peeling effect is also in part due to the Lactic Acid, a naturally derived hydroxy acid).

For everyone, bear in mind that Smart Shave Shaving Cream won't compare to the fragranced creams that folks (especially on this site :wink: ) might be accustomed to. We know that. Our Shaving Cream is fragrance-free.

Smart Shave was developed and tested by a dermatologist with a specific focus on the ingredients and how the three steps work together. Our main goal is to have a therapeutic benefit for people who suffer from ingrowns, razor burn, etc.

People who experience irritation (razor bumps, ingrowns) from shaving have pretty uniformly said that using the Smart Shave System (all three steps) has improved their skin condition. We are extremely pleased with our customers' feedback and reorder rate.

Please direct any questions to info[at]smartshave[dot]com for a speedy response.

Happy summer to all,
Smart Shave
www.smartshave.com

P.S. drmoss, my mother's home remedy for a sore throat is crushed aspirin and salt mixed with hot water. gargle for several minutes. it's thoroughly disgusting, but it works.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

my wife swears by salt and warm water to rinse and gargle when you have a scratchy throat. it has mildly helped sometimes. i guess they miss out on the aspirin

sam