hair gel

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:31 pm

How would you compare the Clubman to the Cool Grease?

Also if your not looking for hold, just for some shine and softness then I'd go for Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom. Its pricey but its the best product of its kind.

hedonist

Post by hedonist » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:40 pm

clarkkent333 wrote:How would you compare the Clubman to the Cool Grease?

Also if your not looking for hold, just for some shine and softness then I'd go for Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom. Its pricey but its the best product of its kind.
They are not comparable as Cool Grease products are pomades and let you sculpt your hair whereas the Clubman is a hair gel and provides minor sculpting ability and hold.

As for the Kiehls, it is a good leave in conditioner but it can get a bit greasy and doesny have any hold to it so I still needed to use a pomade over it which weighed my hair down quite a bit.

I've been wondering about what the use of hair tonics is? Do they condition hair? I was almost tempted to buy a bottle of Vitalis today while at the pharmacy and I have also been eyeing the Pinaud hair tonic. My question is, how can something that has alcohol as its first ingredients be moisturizing?

ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:45 pm

hedonist wrote:
clarkkent333 wrote:How would you compare the Clubman to the Cool Grease?

They are not comparable as Cool Grease products are pomades and let you sculpt your hair whereas the Clubman is a hair gel and provides minor sculpting ability and hold.

As for the Kiehls, it is a good leave in conditioner but it can get a bit greasy and doesny have any hold to it so I still needed to use a pomade over it which weighed my hair down quite a bit.

I've been wondering about what the use of hair tonics is? Do they condition hair? I was almost tempted to buy a bottle of Vitalis today while at the pharmacy and I have also been eyeing the Pinaud hair tonic. My question is, how can something that has alcohol as its first ingredients be moisturizing?
Like I said, not looking for hold. Its only good for people with dry hair, I should have mentioned that.

I've never been much of a tonic man. I consider them in the same league as aftershaves with alcohol. An old school remedy that's past its prime.

growler

Post by growler » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:23 am

If you like Kiehl's stuff, give their newish Solid Grooming Aid a try.

Right now I've been using Sharp's "Guck in a Puck," and some fancy-ass wax that I got at the pharmacy from the been-here-so-long-it's-now-half-off shelf.

Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:19 pm

Duplicate
Last edited by Austin on Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:19 pm

Agree with Todd. I like Pashana original and Blue Orchid. My son tells me that I smell like an old man when I use Pashana original. He probably is right but I like the scent.