Cleansing: Osea's Ocean Cleanser

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
fisherc

Cleansing: Osea's Ocean Cleanser

Post by fisherc »

Guys:

Several threads have recently appeared with the question of cleansing. Obviously what you use, how often, etc is highly a function of skin type and personal preferences/what works for you. Generally speaking one should seek cleansers that are neutral in pH and don't "strip" the skin of it's natural oils. Typically these characteristics are found in liquid/cream cleansers vs bar cleansers.

However, I have recently come across a cleansing product that is IMO one of the best around and usable by a myriad of skin types. This is Osea's Ocean Cleanser. This cleanser combines two of the highest quality ingredients found in "natural" products today, seaweed extract and decyl glucoside. Seaweed has a wide range of skin benefits and is used widely. In this product it is the first ingredient in the deck and thus has the highest % relative to all other ingredients in the formula. The second ingredient in the deck is Decyl Glucoside which is one of the finest cleansing ingredients made today. It's far superior to any detergent cleansers (SLS) and soaps and leaves the skin with a clean yet emollient feel. I think this cleanser would be excellent for any skintype other than those that are excessively oily or super dry.

You can get more info on this product at http://www.oseaskin.com and http://www.gentsllc.com.

regards,
Chris
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

Chris, Looks like a great product. I recently read an article on the benefits of seaweed. Knowing that you like some clays any chance you have tried the red or white algae masks? Thanks

Max
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Max:

Sorry but I haven't tried the masks.

Chris
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

I agree w/ Chris, Osea Ocean cleanser is a great face wash.

That being said if you're like me and can't afford a $36-$38 face wash, there is another face wash which uses Decyl Glucoside as it's main cleasing agent: Korres Sage wash for men or Korres White Tea face wash. Both are $19, which make them alot more affordable.
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

I believe that in the Korres product that Decyl Glucoside is the fifth or sixth ingredient on the list and water is the first. In the Osea product it is second to the seaweed extract and has no added water. This typically means the Osea product is more concentrated than the Korres and thus less of the product will be required when used. So when comparing pricing you have to account for how much is needed per cleansing. My guess is that the Korres requires significantly more than the Osea and thus the apparent cost advantage may not actually exist. I haven't tried the Korres product so I cannot attest to this fact but the ingredients deck seems to suggest this would be the case.

Chris
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

fisherc wrote:I believe that in the Korres product that Decyl Glucoside is the fifth or sixth ingredient on the list and water is the first. In the Osea product it is second to the seaweed extract and has no added water. This typically means the Osea product is more concentrated than the Korres and thus less of the product will be required when used. So when comparing pricing you have to account for how much is needed per cleansing. My guess is that the Korres requires significantly more than the Osea and thus the apparent cost advantage may not actually exist. I haven't tried the Korres product so I cannot attest to this fact but the ingredients deck seems to suggest this would be the case.

Chris
It is the 4th ingredient, and yes you do use a bit more. Like maybe a nickel sized amount vs. a dime sized amount for the Osea from my experience. But at almot $20 more for the Osea, I can buy 2 Korres washes for the price of one Osea wash. The Osea is definetely not twice as concentrated as the Korres.

Water, Aloe Vera Extract, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Betaine, PEG-40 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Sucrose Laurate, Capryloyl Glycine, Coco Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Hydrolyzed Oats, Benzoic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Castoryl Malate, Dehydroacetic acid, Magnesium PCA, Manganese PCA, Panthenol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Sage Extract, Sodium Coceth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Sodium PCA, Zinc PCA
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

If you do the math, one bottle lasts 90 days, it's roughly about $.50 cents per day, not including shipping. That's not bad, considering it is your face.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books