skin food vs. harris pink vs. t & h classic balm

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

skin food vs. harris pink vs. t & h classic balm

Post by Sam »

ok, someone who can comment please contrast and compare these. also, can any of these, and do any of u, use this as a nightime moisturizer as well?

who also uses a moisturizer over the balm?

who skips toning after a shave and uses just the balm?

lastly, what is your reason for doing what you do?ok, dont laugh, i am trying to learn

sam

p.s.anyone with comments about trumper moisturizer, please comment as well
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

here is what i dont get. how can u tell if u have a good moisturizer or balm (other than for really bad irritation). is it suppossed to absord into the skin so u feel nothing left behind? is it suppossed to lightly coat your face and then after a bit, feel like nothing is there?

i have combination skin, and get little irritation after i shave. I guess it is shaving in the shower and use of a great brush and great creams i learned about in forums. so when i go to put on a balm, what do i look for?

baxter aftershave balm was ok, kinda took a while to dry. coral skin food so far dries fairly quickly, but in 30 mins, i could not tell if i had put it on versus if i had left it off. is that good or bad? trueffit classic balm kinda feels slick after 90 minutes even.

so, do i get say coral for the morning shave and t and h classic balm to moisturize at night since i guess i need heavier? do i get a ton of either one? what exactly does one look for when one gets these products. i know there is individual taste, but i dont get whether complete dry, or completely slick or something inbetween is desireable. i am more concerned about the cumulative effect of good skin maintenance then i am with any problems now (i am not dry and i get few blemishes).

sam