What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
GregPQ

Post by GregPQ »

Just picked up two bars of Yardley's Lemon Verbena @$1.57 per at CVS.
Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

bernards66 wrote: SMN is just too expensive to consider, so, I'm not sure what direction I'll go in once my stash is used up.
Gordon are you referring to SMN Vellutina?

http://www.lafcony.com/Merchant2/mercha ... Code=10250

I received 2 bars as a Christmas gift last year but haven't tried it yet.
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

How many are in that box of SMN for $50? That's a lot of money for soap!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

GA Russell wrote:How many are in that box of SMN for $50? That's a lot of money for soap!
It must be the soap Gordon is speaking of. I can't imagine paying that much for soap unless it was maybe a box of 8-10 bars.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Scott, No, not specifically. I like their 'Russian Cologne' and their Lavander soaps in particular but they are damn near as pricey; $40 or more for three or four moderate sized cakes. That's just too rich for my blood especially these days and especially for a soap that I'd be using daily. And remember, there's always the shipping costs as well. It's a shame but I just couldn't rationalize spending THAT much on bath soap...sigh.
Regards,
Gordon
itsmedave

Post by itsmedave »

GregPQ wrote:Just picked up two bars of Yardley's Lemon Verbena @$1.57 per at CVS.
Greg
I've never seen this scent. Now I need to find some locally
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Gordon, for cat killing purposes!, which lavender?

Aritea-Lavender Soap

Claus Porto Shea Butter Soap, Royal | Iris Lavender

Claus Porto Shea Butter Soap, Lilane | Lavender

thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
wvbias

Post by wvbias »

itsmedave wrote:
GregPQ wrote:Just picked up two bars of Yardley's Lemon Verbena @$1.57 per at CVS.
Greg
I've never seen this scent. Now I need to find some locally

I've saw it at WalMart, Dollar Tree and Rite Aid

Terry
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Our Kroger sells it- regularly $1.19 but frequently on sale at 10/$10.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clive, Santa Maria Novella Lavender bath soap. Very nice but VERY expensive.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks Gordon, but when i search lafco only the Aritea-Lavender Soap comes back as a result
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Started today my last bar of Chargin Valley, something oatmeal, I think, Honey oatmeal.

In reserve:
Last Tallow bar of Vinolia, Cyprus made, with the palm kernate added. No Boric acid, that one.

Two bars of Caswell Massey #6 and one smaller bar of the Sandalwood
One Valobra Fougere
One Bar of NancyBoy, I think it is Signature?

And one last round bar of Castle Forbes tallow soap, saving it for my face soap when the last of my Vinolia with Boric Acid soap for the face is used up.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clive, Really? I dunno....I haven't checked that site in awhile. I really don't check ANY of those sites that regularly these days. I'll take a look. Forever they have offered just a 'regular' lavender bath soap and it was very nice indeed.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks Gordon. I've always been curious because of your high esteem but at those prices I would hate to order the wrong one

clive

p.s i might also be using the search function incorrectly.....Ive been known to do that on occasion :lol: :lol:
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clive, Hmmm....I see...no, you're right, it's not listed on their website. However, if you go to "men's soaps" you will see four others listed as available althougth they are not otherwise mentioned or listed on the site. None of them are the classic Lavender but I suspect that it still really might be available. If you're really interested I would call them in person and ask. Interesting too, they are now offering a version of the very classic 'brown windsor' soap. The last high end version available was from C&E in the '70s. But there's a lot of hooey about the Duke and Dutchess of Windsor when really 'brown windsor' style soap is over 200 years old; Napoleon used it, for God's sake! Well, maybe they mean that the Windsors ordered a specific version from SMN....I could buy that. It's $30 for three cakes, which ain't so bad for SMN. Unfortunately money is too tight right now and there is no mention as to whether it is a tallow or palm oil based soap so I'll probably pass for now. Maybe for my birthday....
Regards,
Gordon
shlalaw

Post by shlalaw »

L'Occitane Pour Homme (when it's in stock).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Well, decided today to take the half bar of Vinolia with boracic and use that in the shower, as my bar of shower soap is slivers now. For my face, well, decided to break out the Valobra Fougere for the scent alone. Figured too good to just use for the body! I have a bar of the new Cyprus palm oil Vinolia for the face and my last bar (round) of Castle Forbes that I have hoarded.
shlalaw

Post by shlalaw »

Also, just got in an order of three Bigelow hair and body washes from Bath and Body Works via 3 for 2 sale online. Look forward to trying them out.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

I like Dr Bronner's liquid Peppermint Soap and Grandpa's Witch Hazel soaps.
Ed
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

About a month or so back, I went to a couple of Bath and Body body washes and one of those shower exfoliator thingies (in black, because I am a man :D ). I am actually loving it --- and use their Orange Ginger Energy and Tangelo Woods Boost washes.

Then I finish off with a sauna brush like I used to use when I lived in Finland (sure wish I had kept my old one -- there was nothing like it for exfoliation).
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?