What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
brothers

Re: What bath soap are you using right now?

Post by brothers »

rsp1202 wrote:I can never seem to put the few bucks together to order some more Nancy Boy Sweetgrass or Signature soap -- other grooming items keep popping up that take precedence. So I keep returning to the Tom's of Maine unscented since it's sold locally OTC. The new formulation isn't quite as good as the old one, but it still lathers okay and I avoid the annoying scents the drugstore/market brands all share.
Ron, thx for reminding me about Nancy Boy. I want to get some of their stuff.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Floris Edwardian Bouquet this morning.
Regards,
Squire
Antique Hoosier

Post by Antique Hoosier »

Speick bath soap.... I want to reacquire some Tabac Luxury bath soap...loved it in the past.
Mike
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Whatever the hotel has supplied --- something called White Cirtus.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

At least you got soap Wendell, last place we stayed only had body wash.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:At least you got soap Wendell, last place we stayed only had body wash.
Yes well, if they went off-spec, then they'd risk running the wrath of my fellow employees and I to look for an alternative location to stay at. :wink:
Wendell

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Strength in numbers my man.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Old Spice - They've used different scents on these new bath soaps. The one I'm using currently is called Swagger, and it's just a pleasant, non-invasive masculine soapy scent. The other one I got is called Bearglove, apparently more of an herbal note. I haven't used that one yet, just smelled of it. I'm sure neither of these fragrances would remind us of the Original.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Located a bar of Yardley Pomegranate which is a bit floral for my tastes but worth a try.
Regards,
Squire
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

CRSW - Lemongrass, and I'm really enjoying it.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
Antique Hoosier

Post by Antique Hoosier »

Picked up 4 new turtle shelled cases of Tabac Luxury Bath soap...smells a bit more synthetic that as I remembered it. Last tried it in 2008? Spicy goodness then...still nice but first bar I used was milder but lathered up nicely.
Mike
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Martin de Candre Savon de Marseille... it's almost finished.
David

KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

A pre formulation (tar) Vinolia gifted by another member found with the near empty WoW bottle. I've used tar based products for horses (also removed from market. The remarkable qualities of tar for skin care far outweighs the cancer risk we face from everything else. :roll:
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Picked up a few bars of "Socrates" at the recent Greek Festival.Really nice lather and potent "parfum".The first bar I am now using is Tabac...Soap is actually "made in Cyprus"....
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today kicked off with a new bar of Nancy Boy Blossomwood soap. it's a big bar, fairly priced, has a pleasant fragrance, and lathers and rinses great. I'm looking forward to using it.
Gary

TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Cold River Soap Works - Lemongrass. What an intense and fresh scent... it really pairs well with the Wickahm Soap Co. new Club Soda!
David

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Yardley English Lavender
Wendell

Barry

Post by Barry »

I usually use Dove but just received Synergy CAD Dead Sea salt bath soap in the mail. It smells a bit like Barbasol/Rive Gauche. The scent is nice. I'll give it a week to see if it bothers my skin though.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

While in London I bought a 3 pack of the English Yardley Lavender soap ( which, the package says is now actually made in Germany....sigh...I mean, REALLY?! ). Even though I knew that it was now palm oil based I just couldn't resist the packaging....and the nostalgia. Actually, so far, it's turned out pretty well. It was a slow starter but after the first few uses it started to lather up really nicely and I haven't had any of the skin issues that I've often had with veg. oil based soaps...at least not so far. The scent is still basically the same as how I remember it but it seems a bit more subdued...or maybe my sense of smell is just slowly going. Anyway, I'm quite pleased that I took the risk and bought it.
Regards,
Gordon
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Open and in use right now:

Yardley Lavender (a couple of years old, very potent scent, and a perennial favorite)
Homemade lemongrass-vetiver
Pre de Provence Vetiver (gentlemanly, subdued scent with an old-school vibe)
Whole Foods Vetiver-Cedar (store brand and well-made triple-milled soap with a very earthy and lively scent...my all-time favorite bath soap)
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau