What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
brothers

Re: What bath soap are you using right now?

Post by brothers »

I just finished up a nice big bar of Nancy Boy Blossomwood bath soap. The current bath bar is Bearglove fragrance soap from Old Spice. Not reminiscent of Original Old Spice at all. More herbal than spicy. Smaller in size than NB of course, but also less expensive. Not to say NB is overpriced, but actually priced quite fairly in consideration of the size, fragrances available, performance and longevity in use.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Gonna finish up the Whole Foods Sandalwood soap. A bit pricey. Cant find the LOccitane Cedarwood. Thinking of going back to using the Nancy Boy soaps. Yardley is okay at $1 a bar but goes pretty quickly so I suspect it is about half the price of using a Nancy Boy, as I figure three bars of Yardley to one Nancy Boy.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

As per usual, Cussons Imperial Leather. Cheap as chips in the UK, 3 bars for £1, but not so much here, about 1 bar for a £1, so we stock up every year when we're in England doing the rounds of the family.
Bryan
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Rufus wrote:As per usual, Cussons Imperial Leather. Cheap as chips in the UK, 3 bars for £1, but not so much here, about 1 bar for a £1, so we stock up every year when we're in England doing the rounds of the family.
Same here.

We brought back 24 bars when we came home earlier this week from our recent trip. We discovered that Costco in Oldham (Gr Manchester) carries a 16-pack £3.50 which is officially cheaper than chips when you do the math. :wink:

Many friends and family in the UK swear by this stuff. It lasts a very long time when compared to other bath soaps.

We did pick up a few bars of MWF bar soap as well, but that will be inserted into a rotation occasionally in order to nurse this very limited supply.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

A 16 pack . . . I could only wish.
Regards,
Squire
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Wendell, you are the clear winner of"The Cheap as Chips Contest"; 16 bars for £3.50 :shock: :shock: :shock: I'll have to visit Costco when we're back in England next year.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

All true, of course, but the elephant in the room has a question: at £4 for 16 bars, you could only buy 24? Why not spend the extra BPS and get 32?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Well Gary the simple truth was that we had already picked some up at Bury Market for like 4 bars for £1 and didn't get to Costco until our last weekend. By then, we knew that we would be over on luggage weight, so didn't want to push it any further.

But -- now we know, and Costco will be our supplier of choice next trip. For the time being we have about a year's supply of it. \:D/
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

Ahhh! You got yours at a very good price, regardless!
Gary

numerouno

Post by numerouno »

Bittim soap from turkey !
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

lavender-peppermint bar from Whole Foods...surprisingly good for a $2 bar,great scent,good lather,and appears to be triple milled.Probably the best buy in the whole store,their prices are homicidal..
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I have been using the Neutrogena Facial Bar as a body bar in the shower.

- Murray
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Lavanda, by Puig. This was given to me, and it turned out a very nice soap indeed.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

using the Neutrogena Facial Bar
Hi Murray.....are you finding it helpful as far as moisturizing the skin is concerned? thanks
de gustibus non est disputandum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

fallingwickets wrote:
using the Neutrogena Facial Bar
Hi Murray.....are you finding it helpful as far as moisturizing the skin is concerned? thanks
Hi Clive!

It is certainly skin-friendly. I'm not sure I'm convinced, however, that any soap is truly moisturizing.

I have tried a lot of bath soaps, and while some of them are drying and some aren't, I still have somewhat dry skin from living in this northern desert. I may need to get a mild abrasive for the shower, such as a lufa, to wear off dry skin, and/or I may need to apply lotion to my arms and legs (which I hate the feel of).

- Murray
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Moved to clearing out our supply of Dove in an attempt to lengthen the time we will have with Imperial Leather and Woolfat both of which we picked up while in England a month and a half ago.
Wendell

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for the info Murray....my search continues for the elusive soap! :D :D

Wendell, Im not sure if you have used the fat before now, but if not, youre in for a super duper 125 thumbs up treat

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Current soap in the shower is a big bar of Nancy Boy Sweetgrass. Lasts a long time.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

fallingwickets wrote:...

Wendell, I'm not sure if you have used the fat before now, but if not, youre in for a super duper 125 thumbs up treat ...
We have, Clive .... and we are well acquainted with the bath soap .... how good it is....... That's why I want to get rid of the Dove, so I don't have to move back to it again after using the fat bath soap.
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

If I eventually decide to stick to one or two primary bath soaps, it'll be a toss up between Mitchell 's and Nancy Boy. Subject to change, of course. It'll probably be both, so I can alternate between them. Edit: Alternate only when starting a new bar, not using two bars of soap on alternate days. That would be strange . . .
Gary