What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Re: What bath soap are you using right now?

Post by bernards66 »

I didn't think that I'd be contributing to this thread again maybe ever. Initially I posted about how I'd settled in with the old Vinolia and it's true that if they'd left it alone that WOULD have been that.....but they didn't. So later I posted about having switched to Mitchell's Wool Fat. All the bath soaps I used to love; Floris, Penhaligon's, Bronnley, et. al. had gone to veggie oil bases and the ones I'd tried were a disappointment so I felt really shafted. But when I was in London in October I saw another of my 'ruined' old favourites, Yardley English Lavender ( obviously the real stuff, not what they sell in the US ) and I thought, 'why not?' It wasn't wildly expensive and the scent still seemed pretty much the same as in days of yore so I picked up a three pack. Much to my surprise I found it to be really enjoyable to use. It looks the same as it always has, the old time Yardley scent is still there ( if a little muted ) but also, it turned out to lather really well and it hasn't annoyed my skin as veggie based soaps often do. I've since acquired two more three-packs and plan on continuing to use it for the immediate future.
Regards,
Gordon
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I've since acquired two more three-packs
gordon, can you please share the name of the merchant so that those of us following in your footsteps know we're
buying the 'right' yardley thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yes, that would be good information to have. I am curious as to whether it might be the 3-packs selling at London's Bathecary located somewhere in Florida, for $ 15.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes Gordon, I'd like to know as well.
Regards,
Squire
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Ron
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yes, the link that Ron provided is the real stuff. I believe that Smallflower/Mertz may also stock it and perhaps a couple of other online shops; I'd have to check. I found mine locally ( which was a mini-miracle in and of itself as I was getting set to scout around for current online US sources ).
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Thanks guys.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've discovered that my shower soap works great to wash my hair instead of my usual shampoo. Currently Nancy Boy Sweetgrass scent, so mild I can hardly notice it. It's a great all around bar of soap.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Someone gave me a locally made bar of pleasant smelling bath soap as a gift a while back, so I'm using it now that the Nancy Boy ran out. It's obviously good soap, but it probably won't last very long in daily use.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Woolfat.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Right now I'm using the Neutrogena Facial Bar in the shower as a body bar. It goes fast, but it treats the skin very well.

I also sometimes use Nubian Heritage African Black Soap and Nubian Heritage Coconut & Papaya Soap. Both of these are pretty good, too.

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

thanks for the link and confirmation.....you gents are the best

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

This morning I started a new bar. Orange Blossom hard milled soap made in Portugal by Castelbel. I checked their website but this scent doesn't seem to be in production right now. Smells very nice. Reminds me a lot of MWF round 150g bath soap. Size, smell, weight, and shape. I got this for $1 at an estate sale several months ago. It lathers really well. I think it might last a while.
Gary

TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Started a new bar a few days ago - Confiança's Almond soap.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
brothers

Post by brothers »

This morning I started a new bar of L'Occitane's Men's soap. Rather a small square bar, mildly fragranced, and seems to be very hard.
Gary

TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Musgo Real, coming up!
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

TheMonk wrote:Musgo Real, coming up!

Yes
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Cussons Imperial Leather.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:Cussons Imperial Leather.
A man after my own heart. As a change of pace I'm currently using Cussons Imperial Leathef Shower Cream rather than the bar of soap.
Bryan
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

L'Occitane Milk Extra Gentle Soap with Shea Butter. I use the same bath soap every night before I go to bed. This is my favorite. Anyone use it?

Chris A