What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

rustyblade wrote:
dridiot wrote:Hi Wendell,

Cussons Imperial Leather Original, I have used that when I was a child.....There is even an ad on tv that I remembered very clearly.

They put One Cussons and an unknown soap together and run a shower on both and guess which one last longer?

My siblings and I used to fight over that bar of soap.

Thanks for bringing back those memories......

Havent seen them for a while now, gotta start looking....

Regards,
Jason
I grew up with that soap as well. As a kid that sticker always interested me. The soap would wear funny because of that sticker on it. I should pick some up sometime, I see it now and then.
I remember some great adverts on telly in Britain for Imperial Leather. One was a representation of the Russian royal family as the revolution got to their door. They're all bathing, luxuriating in opulent tubs, with Imperial Leather soap. A grungy looking monk says "...but the peasants are revolting...", and the Czar replies "and so are you Rasputin."
Another actually addressed the wear of the label. The label, it claimed, wears like that so as to create a small pedestal for the soap, to protect it from sitting in a puddle. "Some prefer, of course, to leave the soap label up. A form of inverted snobbery, we assume..."
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
kirkawall

Post by kirkawall »

Hi,

I tend to use the Roger & Gallet soaps, which can sometimes be found on discount at places like Winner's. Recently though I've found an excellent and inexpensive soap at my local Italian deli, called "Spuma Campagna," which is a tallow-based soap (if "sodium tallowate" is tallow) and has a very delicate scent. It doesn't dry my skin at all, lasts for a while, and costs just over 2.00 CAD. Another reliable choice is Olivia, which makes a fabulous organic Verbeena soap. Winners, in Canada at least, is THE place for oddball and sometimes even artisan soaps, though you have to inhale your fair share of Coty fragrances to get to them. Anyway, worth a try.

best,

k
Dave_D

Post by Dave_D »

Bronner's liquid Peppermint soap.
I might as well buy stock in it, always have a backup litre on standby.
AZwildcat

Post by AZwildcat »

Oregon Soap Co Tea Tree & Calendula
Chris
z

Post by z »

My wife and I use Nancy Boy soaps these days. We alternate between all four of the fragrances. They are great soaps, made with olive and coconut oil and scented with plant oils. They are non-drying, and seem to leave my skin feeling nice even as it is dryer outside with the weather changes.
Zach
Smooth Move

Post by Smooth Move »

I use Fish brand Sportfish Hair and Body Wash from Fish salons of Soho, England. Their products can be bought from almost anywhere internationally via the King of Shaves website: http://www.shave.com or from http://www.drugstore.com

I only need a little, it smells really good and it is great on my hair.
Drummer

Post by Drummer »

I’ll second on the Pears – my local Walgreens carries it. Inexpensive, but I like the scent, and it rinses cleaner than the stuff my wife uses. But, it’s glycerin, so it doesn’t last long…
Joe
javyn

Post by javyn »

Is Pears pretty much the same as Clearly Natural?
John
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Drummer wrote:I’ll second on the Pears – my local Walgreens carries it. Inexpensive, but I like the scent, and it rinses cleaner than the stuff my wife uses. But, it’s glycerin, so it doesn’t last long…
Pears is nice, but it certainly disappears quickly. Around two-weeks I get from a bar. Compare that to a bath-site triple-milled soap that lasts me two months or so.
Richard
Vern

soap

Post by Vern »

I normally use KMF olive oil soap. Body washes just don't seem right to me.

Vern
Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Nancy Boy! Really a decent soap that I find is non-drying - plus the Sweetgrass scent is great!
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

blueasajewel wrote:Nancy Boy! Really a decent soap that I find is non-drying - plus the Sweetgrass scent is great!
I'm using the same right now in the signature scent! It is quite a good soap.

Does it still work well after it has been frozen and thawed? ;) :lol:
Richard
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Don't know...I'm using the replacement!
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

I posted some time back that I wanted to try using bar soap as opposed to the body wash and mesh sponge combination for no particular reason. I have dry skin, in the winter months especially, and pretty much anything gives me that tight feeling on my skin. Well I tried some bar soaps and ended back up with body wash. I am using the nancy boy wash and find it to be great, especially in the mornings. However, I received a free bar of the signature scent in my last order and just finished it off. I have to say, for my dry skin it has been the best bar soap I have tried. The lather was good, the scent is great, and it was only slightly drying for me. I may continue to alternate between the nancy boy bars and their body wash.

P.S. It has been some time since my last post. Crazy Holidays! :D
--Greg
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

The NB (I'm using the Sweetgrass bar myself right now) is one of the very few soaps I've ever used that does not leave me with itchy, scratchy skin in the winter.
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

blueasajewel wrote:Nancy Boy! Really a decent soap that I find is non-drying - plus the Sweetgrass scent is great!
I just started using that a week or so ago, as I got it as a freebie with my order. It smells so good I consider spending another $60 every time I shower. How long does one bar last? I don't think I can afford to take too many more showers.

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

jrgroucho wrote:
I just started using that a week or so ago, as I got it as a freebie with my order. It smells so good I consider spending another $60 every time I shower. How long does one bar last? I don't think I can afford to take too many more showers.

--
Jeremy
The NB bar represents good value as they are large and long lasting. I would say at least 6-7 weeks, probably more (just myself using it). I don't consciously remember those sorts of things though. :)
Richard
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

jrgroucho wrote:How long does one bar last? I don't think I can afford to take too many more showers.
The bar lasts quite a long time. It helps that it's a supersized bar. And that it does not deteriorate into jelly when left in the shower.
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
aircraft_electrician

Post by aircraft_electrician »

I may have to try the NB. I really like the scent of sweetgrass. Right now I'm using a bar of Provence Sante's Almond, next it's on to their Bergamot, and before the Almond I was using their Vetyver. Through my SCAD, my wife has become hooked on KMF body washes. She's very fond of the lavender.

Tom
A razor is a good deal like a gun, much depends on the man behind it - paraphrased from John Philip Sousa

ALWAYS wear a helmet when on 2 wheels; a helmet saved my life on 1Oct2007!
freebird

Post by freebird »

Lately I've been using AXE Snake Peel. Smells decent, has "desert minerals and cactus oil". Gritty for exfoliation.