What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
cvc

Post by cvc »

I use these soaps.. Great stuff..

http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Asepso
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Claus Porto Banho
Regards,
Squire
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

Just picked up two bars of Musgo Real - Lime Basil and Oak Moss, looking forward to my shower tomorrow.

12/22 - Lime Basil is just fabulous, great scent and wonderful lather, even the better half likes this one, plan to use this up before opening the oak moss , but as expected these soaps from Musgo Real/Claus Porto are very nice!
Good shaving,

Gary
brothers

Re: What bath soap are you using right now?

Post by brothers »

Currently Yardley's Cocoa Butter. Only costs a dollar. I like the Yardley soaps. I keep wanting to buy some of the Valobra bath soaps, but never seem to get around to it. Might be the price scares me away. I do have some Mitchell's Woolfat bath soap on hand, it too makes a great bath soap.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

I've had the good fortune to try a couple of the Valobra bath soaps and they are excellent- especially the scent- but I can in no way justify the price. So like you, Gary, I use Yardley soaps (lavender for me). You can't beat Yardley for the price and the soap treats my skin as well as anything else I've used (except the old Nancy Boy soaps).
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Just for a change, I opened up one of my stash of Nancy Boy sweetgrass soaps last night. Lovely.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

I'm using a vintage Old spice soap-on-a-rope. Not a whole lot of scent left, but it is good soap.
_______
John
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

drmoss_ca wrote:Just for a change, I opened up one of my stash of Nancy Boy sweetgrass soaps last night. Lovely.
NB Sweetgrass is one of those products I keep meaning to re-order, but like the T&H Rose cream and Harris Pink, it keeps getting shoved down the to-get list as there's always an emergency must-have swooping in to supersede it. In the meanwhile, Tom's of Maine unscented deodorant soap produces scads of creamy lather, and I was pleasantly surprised by a recent batch of Cussons Imperial that wasn't as sharp to my nose as I remembered it. It's all good.
Ron
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Well, since my last entry in this thread I've been using the Atkinson's soaps mostly, Country Musk ( which is really an Irish Spring sort of 'modern' fougere ) and Lavender. Several years back I tried a cake of their Cologne scented soap and it didn't seem to agree with my skin for reasons I never could figure out. But I've had no problems with these; plenty of nice tallow based lather and no skin issues. But, they seem to get used up awfully fast for a 'luxury' soap; a couple of weeks and the cake starts getting mighty small ( and my wife has her own soap so she's not helping to use up the Atkinson's ). It kind of seems like they may be cold pour soaps, not hard milled, which would be...a...odd at this price point. Also the scent of their Lavender is nothing to write home about. It sort of vaguely smells like 'lavender' but really more a generic modern 'fresh' sort of scent. It doesn't actually offend me but real English Yardley or the old C&E Lavender it ain't. I'm pretty sure that Atkinson's English Lavender soap did not smell like this years ago, when Atkinson's, along with Yardley and Floris, were known for their high end lavender scented products.
Regards,
Gordon
changabang

Post by changabang »

drmoss_ca wrote:Just for a change, I opened up one of my stash of Nancy Boy sweetgrass soaps last night. Lovely.

Chris
Yes it is. =D> I like their rosemary/mint even better. But it's too expensive for me to use regularly.
James Nicks
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Been using a Mitchells Wool Fat bath soap but it loses its unique smell after a week or so after using it. Bought some Yardley Cocoa Butter also
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I'm waiting for the Yardley Holiday series to hit the stores.
Regards,
Squire
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Yardley Holiday series to hit the stores
what scents are those? thanks

I alternate between viola and mwf, but i think i should give some of the other mentioned soaps a try,,,,nancy boy / toms of maine are a whole foods item(??)

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I found Tom's at Rite-Aid on their "fancy item" shelf, not among the rest of the bath soaps. Whole Foods should carry it. The deo soap is unscented, but they've got others. NB is great and has twice the selection but at twice the price.
Ron
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Clive, Tom's is a grocery store item, st least at Kroger. Nancy Boy is available here: http://www.nancyboy.com/
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

In my quest for good soap for dry skin here in the desert, my best find so far is the Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar/Fragrance Free. It produces a very creamy, skin-friendly lather, but the bar is expended in nothing flat. (Obviously, if I used it for my face only, it would last much longer.)

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks gents.....will check out rite aid etc next week after the mad shopping weekend! :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
CarterP

Post by CarterP »

Although a bit spendy, I like L'occitaine en provence's Cade body & shower gel. It's got a great scent & has high quality ingredients.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Carter, Well, if it works and you like it then that's that. Be aware though that 'shower gels' and 'body washes' are detergent based, kind of like dish detergent....not for nothin'....I'm just sayin'....
Regards,
Gordon