What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Chaps

Re: What bath soap are you using right now?

Post by Chaps »

Ivory.
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Found in the "what are you reading" thread (thanks wendell)

Not sure what happened with my bath soap tastes, but Im really enjoying ultra moisture olay. lathers nicely, rinses off easily, decent scent(?) available everywhere.....5 thumbs up :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today started a new bar of Scentsy's Shampoo, Shave, and Shower bar --- Kaphir Lime, Rockmoss, and Sandalwood.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today I started a new bar of soap in the shower - Gron Lycka's Blue Lagoon Spa soap. An artisan soap I received with a purchase of shaving soap from a very kind lady by the name of Carina from Sweden.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

This morning I started a new bar of Pears soap with spearmint extract and menthol. This is the one I picked up at an Indian store. The fragrance is not something I'm familiar with, but pleasant. Makes a good lather in the shower. Inexpensive.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Gary, outside of the scent, is the pears gentle on the skin? i,e, not too drying etc??? Thanks. I saw some for sale at the local christmas tree store but was hesitant to buy any

clive

p.s. using 4711 lovely scent..and an ok soap...a bit expensive....at half the price it would be a must buy by the crate situation LOLOLOLOL
brothers

Post by brothers »

Clive, it seems gentle enough. I can't detect any menthol. I think it was less than $2.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

thanks gary. i remember my mom being a fan of pears way back when......i think it was more the memory jolt than anything else that piqued my curiosity :D

clive
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

While in whole foods yesterday, I went past the beauty section to see if pears was on the shelf (it isnt) ....but i was stopped in my tracks by the sight of the words 'rose' written on a box :D :D :D The soap in question is made by nubian heritage and is called goats milk a & chai soap with rose extracts. The soap is nice and lathery and the scent is very decent. I think it was a little under $4 for a 5oz bar. I might be using this for a while!!!

clive
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today marked the end of my last remaining bar of shower soap, and the first day to use "all Clubman all the time" in the shower, which simply means I'm using it as it was intended - shampoo - and also as a liquid body wash. It works quite well, I am happy to say.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Imperial Leather.

Friends of our have some parents coming over from the UK in the next week, and we asked that they hit their local Costco in England and bring back a super pack for us ...... to enhance our stock which was reduced to about a year's worth recently.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Found a couple of bars of Achille Britos, the maker of t he Claus Porto bars, on sale at TJ MAxx. Huge 13 ounce bars, $3.99 each. Scent was pansy which is light and inoffensive enough. Love the Kirks castille from Walmart for my face, and I had a couple of artisan bars made locally, but those are not any better than the AB bars I picked up. And for the price will last three times as long
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:Imperial Leather.

Friends of our have some parents coming over from the UK in the next week, and we asked that they hit their local Costco in England and bring back a super pack for us ...... to enhance our stock which was reduced to about a year's worth recently.
Imperial Leather too. We'll be in England next month and will be visiting the Costco in Southampton to replenish our stock of Cussons Imperial Leather. As well, with a bit of luck I might be able to persuade SWMBO to take the train with me to central London for the day to visit TOBS, Harris and GFT, but,as a concession or inducement, I'll have to let her visit F&M, Harrod's and Selfridge's (ugh).
Bryan
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

but,as a concession or inducement
my goodness man....concession doesnt even begin to describe what just happened!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

clive

p.s. enjoy...very jelly of your trip!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Speaking of visiting TOBS, Trumpers and Harris, there's a brick & mortar shaving shop here. They're listening to their customers and they have loaded up with all three of those (not sure of Harris), plus pretty much most of the others AOS, T&H, etc. I've been there a dozen or more times and here's the big news - boring. I've got all of the Penhaligons, TOBS, et.al. that I'll ever need, and heaven knows I've bought/tried/sold/given away all the rest until I'm waaaaay beyond giving a tinkers' dam. No sale! As they say, been there, done that. Now I'm just grinding away as happy as a clam trying to use up what's left, and hoping I'll be around and still able to shave myself long enough to use it all up.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

wish we had one of those here gary. As much as I luv supporting bullgoose etc, it would be nice to walk into a shop and take a look around in real life!!!

clive
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

fallingwickets wrote:wish we had one of those here gary. As much as I luv supporting bullgoose etc, it would be nice to walk into a shop and take a look around in real life!!!

clive
I'd like a shop(s) such as that close to where I live. TOBS's Jermyn Street shop is a real treat because they have all their gear out in the open where you can handle and drool over it at your leisure. Even SWMBO enjoys a visit to TOBS. On the other hand, GFT's Curzon Street shop is very AR, with all the goodies in glass cases or behind the counter requiring a shop assistant to retrieve what you want to look at; not very relaxing or experiential for me. Harris on Piccadilly is between GFT and TOBS in terms of merchandise accesability, but the feel of the shop is closer to that of TOBS's.
Bryan
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Rufus wrote:
jww wrote:Imperial Leather.

Imperial Leather too. We'll be in England next month and will be visiting the Costco in Southampton to replenish our stock of Cussons Imperial Leather. As well, with a bit of luck I might be able to persuade SWMBO to take the train with me to central London for the day to visit TOBS, Harris and GFT, but,as a concession or inducement, I'll have to let her visit F&M, Harrod's and Selfridge's (ugh).
Parents of friends of ours are over from Essex for a couple of weeks visiting their daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren. They have upped our supply with two --- that's right two -- Costco packs of IL. We now have enough to last another couple of years. Of course, we'll pick up another Costco pack or two in the fall when we are over th' pond.

Currently using one of those honking massive IL shower bars -- they barely can fit in my hand brand new, and last 2+ week for us.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
oslec8

Post by oslec8 »

In love with ToppCock's All-In-One Shower Gel.

https://toppcock.com/product/all-in-one-shower-gel/
brothers

Post by brothers »

Clubman Country Club shampoo as body wash/shampoo/foaming hand soap for the past 3 months (16May16). I've got enough to last about a year from now.
Gary