What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
malocchio

Re: What bath soap are you using right now?

Post by malocchio »

Pino Silvestre Pine Gems
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Mitchel's Wool Fat
Ouchmychin (Pete)
JayTrek

Re:

Post by JayTrek »

dridiot wrote:Hi Richard,

I guess it is "SOAPS" you meant.

I have a couple in rotation and whenever mood strikes.
Here is the list:

1. D.R. Harris Old English Lavender
2. D.R. Harris Almond Oil
3. L'Occitane Extra Gentle Soap Verbena
4. Pears Vinolia Boracic Cream and Cold Cream Soap
5. Yardley English Lavender Luxury Soap
6. Yardley Sandalwood Soap

* Will do a trade if anyone is interested in item(s) 4,5,and 6. PM me.

Regards,
Jason
Where did you manage to find Yardley Sandalwood? I do not remember that being one of the scents they have at Walgreen's.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
brothers

Post by brothers »

That's a good one Jay. :D I imagine 10 years ago the whole market was a different thing altogether.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Right now I am having a skin problem because I must sit most of the time, so the nurse suggested a milder soap. She suggested Cetaphil liquid as one of the mildest that she knew. I use that on affected areas. Seems to be very mild.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Stocked up tonight on Yardley English Lavender and Oatmeal and Almond. Walgreen's had a 4 for $5 going.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

My wife just set a box with a bar of Yardley's Oatmeal and Almond on the counter. We get them at the Dollar Tree store for a dollar each.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Unscented&Sensitive Skin Dove Soap. It comes in a green (I Think) and white box.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm using a mystery brand (I forgot it) body wash that I found back in the cabinet. There wasn't much left in the bottle, and fortunately it will be gone soon and good riddance.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Re: Re:

Post by brothers »

JayTrek wrote:
dridiot wrote:Hi Richard,

I guess it is "SOAPS" you meant.

I have a couple in rotation and whenever mood strikes.
Here is the list:

1. D.R. Harris Old English Lavender
2. D.R. Harris Almond Oil
3. L'Occitane Extra Gentle Soap Verbena
4. Pears Vinolia Boracic Cream and Cold Cream Soap
5. Yardley English Lavender Luxury Soap
6. Yardley Sandalwood Soap

* Will do a trade if anyone is interested in item(s) 4,5,and 6. PM me.

Regards,
Jason
Where did you manage to find Yardley Sandalwood? I do not remember that being one of the scents they have at Walgreen's.
Jason, as of today (14 Apr 17) you can buy a 3 pack of Yardley Sandalwood bar soap on Amazon for around $17.
Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Yardley-Sandalwo ... B016OGU6MU
Gary

cooper_odry

Post by cooper_odry »

JayTrek, if you like sandalwood i can also recommend hugo naturals with patchouli
the smell is gorgeous. it's bit expensive, cause it's handmade, but with discount can be cheaper http://nutritionsguru.com/
and i currently use nubian heritage with shea butter
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

nubian heritage with shea butter
my local whole foods was carrying the nubian line and of course the rose was a must buy. Unfortunately, out of the blue they stopped selling it. Amazon to the rescue :D Anyway, for anyone else on the thread looking to try something new/different, give the nubian line a whirl; its a nice soap
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

For about a year now I've been using shampoo in the shower as shampoo/body wash. I haven't spent one thin dime on bar soap or shampoo (for my own personal use) in two years. The shampoo products I found long-abandoned in my bathroom cabinet have been partially full bottles of various brands we're all familiar with. When the shampoo I'm currently using is all gone, then I'll have to start buying again. The last time I was at my barber's shop, I located a couple of new shampoo possibilities that are sold only to professionals, for future consideration. Failing that, there's always Bath & Body Works.

This is just for me, certainly not my wife! She's a normal person just like you guys. She buys her body wash and bath gel and shampoo as the mood strikes her according to her own ever-changing shopping preferences and she's oblivious to my obnoxious obsession with using up stuff until it's all gone.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

according to her own ever-changing shopping preferences
female privilege :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
de gustibus non est disputandum
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. It's fragrance is quite faint (possibly because it is old), but it's a very good soap otherwise.
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Now that I have only about one week's supply of my body wash left, I have been wondering what next to use in the shower. I decided to use up 3 recently-abandoned shaving soaps from the shaving bins hiding in the closet. If the shaving soaps don't cut the mustard, then out they go and I'm back to square one.
Gary

malocchio

Post by malocchio »

KIRK's Castille
Antique Hoosier

Post by Antique Hoosier »

Speick Natural Soap Bar
Mike
brothers

Post by brothers »

The shaving soap has turned out to be a good shampoo/body wash soap. It's a hard soap and might last a while before it all goes down the drain.
Gary

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

My good old standby: Cussons Imperial Leather. Besides being my sentimental favourite it's one heck of a soap in terms of quality, performance and price.
Bryan