What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: What bath soap are you using right now?

Post by Squire »

Yardley Lavender.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

A well used puck of Taylor's Luxury Lime shaving soap. I've discovered it also makes a dandy shower soap!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

L'occitane Lavender bath soap, the big bar. I've tried and like all they have, the Milk Soap, Verbene.
Great soaps, really like them.
Rob
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Lavender/Lime artisan soap from LeNordik Spa -- we've been hitting this Finnish theme park wonderland quite frequently lately as I have had time on my hands. The soap is marvelous and has very good aromatherapy properties. Goes nicely in the new bath reno which we finished earlier this year converting our 1970s family bathroom into a rather nicely appointed walk-in shower and even had a shaving mirror installed as part of the work. Another story for another day, perhaps. My I've missed being on the forum.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

I just finished a bar of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, and now I'm going to use a vintage Lagerfeld.
_______
John
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

Jack Black All Over Wash body wash on 10 oz tube which about a month and half or so. I really like it.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Now that the used puck of TOBS Luxury Lime shaving soap/shower soap has run out, I'm now using a partially used puck of Penhaligons Sartorial shaving soap. It too makes a nice lather in the shower. I'm thinking it might last 3 or 4 weeks.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yardley Lavender. With all the toiletry stuff I've got we're surprisingly short of good soap.
Regards,
Squire
chris1978

Post by chris1978 »

Dr. Bronner's All-One Hemp Baby Unscented Pure Castille liquid soap 8 .oz bottle and it was good for face wash and body wash too. I started to like it.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Lately I have been using Nubian (brand) African Black soap. This is a very rich, skin-friendly soap.

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

nubian is super fantastic...the rose version anyway. :D wholefoods carried the line for a while, which is how i found it in the first place but they stopped selling it, and so i stocked up online. I'll have to try the afrikan black

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Clive, I also really like the Nubian Coconut & Papaya Soap with Vanilla Beans. Unfortunately, I find rose scents very quickly overwhelming.

I stocked up on both of these soaps, awhile back, when they were offered at a local health food store. I don't know if they are still offered there, or not.

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

FYI, Murray....jeff agrees with your selections; african black is an amazons choice buy!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

There's 2 sample packs (have the people at nubian been lurking around smf??) for sale....maybe i'll buy one and see what there is in the world beyond rose lol

clive
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Cussons Imperial Leather as per usual. BTW Clive, did you ever come to terms with CIL?
Bryan
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Socrates Aquamarine
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

did you ever come to terms with CIL?
apologies for being brain dead: cil?? :D

clive
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

fallingwickets wrote:
did you ever come to terms with CIL?
apologies for being brain dead: cil?? :D

clive
CIL= Cussons Imperial Leather. :mrgreen: A while ago you mentioned you had tried it, but found it difficult to lather; however, Wendell and I encouraged you not to give up on it, if I recall correctly.
Bryan
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

CIL= Cussons Imperial Leather
no!! :lol: :shock: :lol: Its on the DrP pseudo shelf, buried wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in the back. I tip my hat to you guys for using it :D :D

clive
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

fallingwickets wrote:
CIL= Cussons Imperial Leather
no!! :lol: :shock: :lol: Its on the DrP pseudo shelf, buried wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy in the back. I tip my hat to you guys for using it :D :D

clive
That's unfortunate. My wife and I have been using it for as long as we can remember and it remains our go-to bath soap.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

I recently finished off a half-puck of Penhaligons Sartorial shaving soap. It had about 31 shaves on it when I became quite bored with the Sartorial and also a couple of pucks of TOBS Luxury Lime shaving soap (52 shaves in). I must say most (if not all) shaving soaps I have used up in the shower have been pretty good as both shampoo and body wash. Better than just throwing them away, unless they're really repulsive.
Gary