What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: What bath soap are you using right now?

Post by jww »

We are toying with another trip this fall, and yes, Costco will be on the itinerary for some more IL. Can't beat that stuff. Especially at Costco box prices.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

jww wrote:We are toying with another trip this fall, and yes, Costco will be on the itinerary for some more IL. Can't beat that stuff. Especially at Costco box prices.
Wendell, I too like Imperial Lather but my biggest annoyance is the soap scum it leaves in the bath/shower - it always seems much worse than anything else I've tried.

Gareth
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Gareth wrote:
jww wrote:We are toying with another trip this fall, and yes, Costco will be on the itinerary for some more IL. Can't beat that stuff. Especially at Costco box prices.
Wendell, I too like Imperial Lather but my biggest annoyance is the soap scum it leaves in the bath/shower - it always seems much worse than anything else I've tried.

Gareth
I've used CIL for most of my life and I must say that I've not had this problem. Perhaps it's due to the hardness or softness of your water.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yesterday I started a new bar of hard but very inexpensive tallow bath soap from Mexico. I forgot the name, but it has a mild rose scent.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Imperial Leather
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I forgot the name, but it has a mild rose scent.
Gary, I for one would appreciate a memory jostle :D

clive

btw, i biought into the threads love for sppanish leather....ughhhh i wish i knew what you guys find so enchanting :(
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Clive, I'll check it next time I'm in that store, which is pretty often. I tossed the wrapper and have no clue what it said. :D

PS, ditto on the Spanish leather. I did not buy it and never will. To my nose, I like how real actual leather smells, but the man made attempts to put that in a bottle or tube just reeks and makes me want to vomit!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

malocchio wrote:Imperial Leather
+1

Been IL for the past couple of bars now. Wonderful stuff. We just booked again for next fall to North Yorkshire (again, yes) and will be stopping at the Manchester or Oldham Costco to get our obligatory 16-pack for around £4.
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

fallingwickets wrote:
I forgot the name, but it has a mild rose scent.
Gary, I for one would appreciate a memory jostle :D

clive

btw, i biought into the threads love for sppanish leather....ughhhh i wish i knew what you guys find so enchanting :(
Clive, I was there yesterday. The brand name is Rosa Venus.
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That sounds like an ex-wife.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today I started a bar of Lanolin-Agg-Tval from Sweden. This was a freebie received from SmallFlower with a recent purchase. It says it's "eggwhite facial care with lanolin and rose water". I don't care, I'm going to use it up in the shower because I'm trying to use up all of my bar soaps as expeditiously as possible. This is a small bar, 1.7 oz (.50g). Hopefully it will expire quickly.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks Gary. will do a goog look around. btw, did you like it?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

on a truck as i type......will let you guys know when iy arrives
brothers

Post by brothers »

fallingwickets wrote:Thanks Gary. will do a goog look around. btw, did you like it?
Clive, regarding the Rose Venus, it served my purpose while it lasted. Made a decent lather in the shower. I am neutral on the scent. One might describe it as rosy. They seem to sell a lot of it.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Caprina
Wendell

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

my rose venus arrived yesterday. I bought a pack of three. The lather is really nice and I certainly felt clean after a shower, but the scent?????????? went from gross, what is this? to oh, not bad at all....back to gross, what is this?? Did that trip several times, and am still uncertain LOL

clive
brothers

Post by brothers »

Clive, it sure ain't Trumpers Rose!!! :D
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today marks the beginning of a bar of Scentsy's Shampoo, Shave, and Shower bar --- Lime, Crushed Mint, and Cedarwood. Maybe one of these days soon I'll try lathering it with a brush.
Gary

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Imperial Leather. I checked under the bathroom sink and see that we have 72 bars of both the hand and bath size (the bath size IL is enormous). Enough to last a year and a half at least -- probably longer if we really nurse this supply. Guess we'll have to hit Costco next November when we are over next.
Wendell

malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Godrej Cinthol Cool