Post shave care

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
northadams
Mad Max

Post shave care

Post by northadams »

Monday morning! Nice chat last night. I think this may have been discussed before but before the squeeze, shake & towel do you all finish with a hot water rinse alone or do you follow with a cold rinse for a less floppy brush? Max
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

I don't really think it matters. I usually give the final rinse in cold water so that I can wring it out by hand.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Everything I have read points to just a hot water rinse. I talked to Charles at QED about brush care, and his suggestion was a good rinse until the water is clear and then just shake it dry.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

Max,

I perform the three steps you mention after a warm water rinse. I guess that I couldn't commit myself to hot or cold so took the middle road. I have been doing this for a couple years now with great success.

John
John V
"What one relishes, nourishes"

Benjamin Franklin
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Max, Yeah, I do a thorough hot water rinse, then a cold water rinse. I doubt that it's really necessary, but it's something I picked up years ago, I think from Taylor of Old Bond Street. Now it just habit. At least it insures that the brush is very well rinsed. Regards, Gordon