Clinique's Skin Supplies for Men

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Johnnie
Shave This

Clinique's Skin Supplies for Men

Post by Johnnie » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:55 am

Hey Gents,

Over the weekend I read a review on Clinque's SKin SUpplies for Men, more specifically the Post-Shave Soother Anti-Blemish Formula.

The 2.5oz bottle sold for $16 which was not great but I figured if it worked great, then it would be worth it. I applied the soother immediately after I shaved this morning. It is very light and a very small amount goes a long way. One thing I did not like was it had a stinging effect. It only lasted a few minutes and it wasnt to bad, but it did sting.

It has aloe which I like and 2% salicylic acid for acne control. I think that is what may have stung me. I will continue to try this for a week and see what happens. If it works well then I may just deal with the stinging.

Here is the link to the product http://www.clinique.com/templates/produ ... D=PROD7530

Clinique has a whole line of mens products.

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet

hedonist

Post by hedonist » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:59 am

Can u list the ingredients for this product? I'll let u know what may be stinging but my 1st guess would be the salicylic acid. I've been wanting to check out the re-vamped Clinique line for while now.

Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:22 am

I dont have it with me, but I will list the ingredients tomorrow.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet

rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:17 am

I've used the Clinique Moisturizer for a couple of years. I recently replaced it with Aloe80.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books

Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:04 am

Just a follow up on my original post.

I noticed over the past 2 days that this product only stings if I have razor burn. I noticed the first day i used it my neck was irritated after i shaved. the second day i replaced the razor and when i applied the soother i had no stinging. today i only had razor burn in one area of my face because i kept going over it. so i noticed when i applied the soother to that area it stung like hell. the other areas of my face had no stinging.

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet