Aqua Terra Back at TJ Maxx

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Aqua Terra Back at TJ Maxx

Post by mantic »

Gang-- I made my weekly "strafing run" at the local TJ Maxx today, and scored three cakes (all they had) of the Bronnley Aqua Terra soap ($1.99 each). I love this stuff as a pre-shave facial cleanser; the high glycerin content preps my beard really well too!

--Mark
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Mark,

I went to my local TJ Maxx to see if I could find any good deals. I wasnt able to find any mens grooming products. I guess it's hit or miss with those discount department stores. What state do you live in?
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Yea....I rarely find the great soaps and shaving creams that everyone mentions. I've kinda given up on TJ Max. Online is the place for me!
:::Vince:::
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Johnnie-- Its most definitely "hit or miss." This is the first "hit" for me since Father's Day. I find its still worth checking out once in a while, "just in case," because of the prices. I'm in Texas.

--Mark
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Mark,

I wanted to find out what you liked about Aqua Terra. I finally found some at a local discount store. They had several bars of soap but I wasnt sure if I should buy it. Maybe I need to go back and purchase all they have. They also had some other Aqua Terra products. What is the overall consensus on Aqua Terra?
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Johnnie-- I've found Aqua Terra to be an excellent, high-glycerin soap, made by Bronnley (one of the most famous soap makers in the world). Its cleanses very well, rinses easily with no residue, and it really gets my whiskers hydrated. Try using it with a badger brush to lather your face, leave the suds on, then lather over it with your favorite cream. The combination lather will be insanely "slick"--almost as good as the high-priced Marselles soap cubes.

And that I found a bunch for $1 each at the discounter store was icing on the cake.

--Mark
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Hey Mark,

I found some Aqua Terra at a local store for $2 a piece. I bought 2 little soap cakes. They are blue. I think they make green and blue colored soap. I am going to give it a try and see how it works out. I have been using Clearly Natural for the past month. I am going to try lathering the soap like you recommended.

KEEP IT WET!
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I was reading on the MSN forum about Aqua Terra. Is the glycerin soap a facial soap or a shaving soap? As far as I know it is a facial soap, but it seems that others are using it as a shaving soap.

Hmmm
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

johnnie wrote:I was reading on the MSN forum about Aqua Terra. Is the glycerin soap a facial soap or a shaving soap? As far as I know it is a facial soap, but it seems that others are using it as a shaving soap.

Hmmm
Its a facial soap some have tried using as a shaving soap. I don't think the lather "on its own" would last long enough for a decent shave though.

--Mark