Oil of Olay

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Oil of Olay

Post by VinceFX »

The only moisturizer I use regularly is Oil of Olay. It performs pretty well but is there anything better that someone could recommend?

From time to time I also use the Nivea aftershave balm but I don't really consider that a moisturizer. I'm looking for something light during these summer months that I can use all over my face and that can be applied right after shaving.

Thanks,
Vince
:::Vince:::
fisherc

Ems Place

Post by fisherc »

Call emily at Ems Place (http://www.emsplace.com). She has some of the greatest products I have ever used for post-shave. And they are very inexpensive. Her A/S balm may be exactly what you are looking for during summer.

Chris
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Hey fellas,

Thanks for the tip on Em's. To be honest I have used her Bay Rum and Woodstock after shave balms in the past. They gave me a slight burning sensation right after shaving.

Howver, after your recommendations I pulled them out of my cupboard and decided to give em a try again. Yesterday I tried the Woodstock and today I tried the Bay Rum. They do provide very good moisturization but I still felt slight irritation post shave. I mean...it's tolerable and I'll probably stick to using them from time to time to change things up. I do love the fragrance and after a minute my skin does feel good.
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Vince:

You're probably having a reaction to one or more of the essential oils in these products. You might try Em's unscented products. She has the same toner, moisturizer, etc in unscented versions.

Chris
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Ah, you're probably right. I'll give that a try once I run out of the Bay Rum and Woodstock. It's tolerable for now.

Vince