Taylor Sandalwood shampoo and shower gel

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
William.Mack

Taylor Sandalwood shampoo and shower gel

Post by William.Mack »

When I first got into shaving 'the old way' about 2 years ago, I went all out and got a lot of the Taylors sandalwood products as it was the first shaving cream I tried and I really liked the scent. Made me want to wear a three-piece suit, a very classy and dignified sort of scent.

Well, since then, I have moved on and have mostly gotten into a steady rotation of Trumpers Sandalwood and Trumpers Rose (probably partially due to Chris Moss' writings on the subject when I first started lurking here). I also have Williams Mug Soap in my rotation and cannot praise the value of this soap enough... I almost WANT to pay more than $1.49 for it!

But I felt the urge to expand my collection a bit and tried out some other Taylor scents, none of which I have liked. I got Mr. Taylor cream, Lavendar cream, and St. James cream. I really dislike the St. James, am neutral about the Mr. Taylor, and have been getting a mild irritation with the Lavendar.

Along with this I got some Sandalwood shampoo and shower gel, which I had gotten before and really liked.

I don't know if it's the 'new' formulation or just inconsistency, but this smells horrid. It smells like somebody picked up weeds from the ditch, crushed them up, and put them in a bottle. It isn't anything like the 'old' scent I had gotten over a year ago. I thought the new formulation of Sandalwood wasn't a big change. I know some of the other scents changed drastically, but I didn't think this was the case with Sandalwood. I didn't get the cream or shaving soap, so I can't comment on that, but this was such a major change in scent, that I'm really stunned.

I don't think I'll order anything from Taylors for awhile. Next time I get the urge to expand the collection, I'll likely stick with trying some of the other Trumpers scents.

Anyone else have this experience with Taylor Sandalwood?

Bill
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

You must have received a bad batch Bill. I have the Taylor Sandalwood Shampoo/bath gel and love it. It smells a little less "sweet" than the Harris Sandalwood but is very pleasant and not over stated. I am also impressed with the performance of the shampoo. Of course, YMMV
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil