marvis toothpaste

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

marvis toothpaste

Post by Sam »

anyone use this? best flavor, and what is it comprable to? whitening?

sam
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

I think Pete has used Marvis. How bout it Pete....what's the story on this toothpaste?
:::Vince:::
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Well Vince,,

Marvis is a very nice toothpaste. It has helped my teeth and gums a lot. I can actually tell the difference between when i used crest and once i started with marvis. It makes my teeth and gums feel a lot better. More solid. I hadn't really like brushing before. So I didn't have the best teeth but i can actually feel the changed since i started marvis even with my spotty memory on brushing! Great stuff I have the classic and aquatic mint and find both to be very refreshing.

I plan on trying the other 3 flavors by february
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Hey pete,

how much does it usually cost? i was just at my local "whole foods" store and they pry haveit there. damn. have to go back :D
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

The toothpaste costs depending on who you get it from 5-8 dollars. And it is a bargin really at any price compared to crest.

I would buy it without blinking at 8 dollars. There is also this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 52786&rd=1

They have it slightly lower.

You can also buy it from lee's razors or from classicshaving.
Peter
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i can not tell a difference in my gums, but my teeth, yes. i use a oral b pulsating brush and with marvis, i can run my tongue over my teeth and gosh, it is just like from the dentist. also, the mintiness tends to remind behind a bit longer than with crest. i liked crest cinnamon rejuvenating effects, but don cyp is right, the fruit mint and ginger mint from marvis are great. a lady on ebay sold me 14 tubes at $5 each. im good for what, 2 years? just a little cheap extravagance

sam
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

tngentleman1 wrote:a lady on ebay sold me 14 tubes at $5 each. im good for what, 2 years?
14 tubes, Sam? 2 years? Is there an expiration on Marvis toothpaste? Has anyone used the SWISSCO Natural Bristle Toothbrush (as seen here: http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/i ... 839593.htm ), or their Badger bristle toothbrush (as seen here: http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/i ... 839595.htm )?

~Tim :wink:

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Tim,

I use the Swissco Badger Hair toothbrush every day. It is a nice brush. Granted it does lose some hairs. It is very effective. And a much better costing brush than any of the kents.
Peter
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

I've heard others say the Badger hair toothbrush is too soft to use. You haven't found that to be the case, Peter?

~Tim 8)

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Tim,

If anything. The badger gets a little stiffer after you use it for a while. GO FIGURE that out!
Peter
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

Sounds like it maybe time for an order for one of those toothbrushes and some Marvis toothpaste is in order!

~Tim 8)

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

I got the Swissco badger-hair toothbrush in a coupla days ago, tried it out with Crest Whitening toothpaste (haven't received the Marvis yet) and warm water. All that foam almost made me want to go BAM! Teeth felt cleaner than they have in a while, and so did the gums! I ordered a tube each of Classic Mint, Ginger Mint and Fruit Mint toothpaste. I have a CyberSonic2 toothbrush I'd like to try with these.

~Tim 8)

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Well I got in my 3 tubes of marvis a few days ago. The guy on ebay only shipped them in a bubble mailer so the boxes were all destroyed. Thankfully the tubes weren't damaged. I've only tried the original mint so far but I have to say its definately a winner. My teeth feel very clean and the taste is much different than the standard paste. Doesn't taste chalky at all.

Ace - how long do those swissco brushes last? I know your supposed to replace your standard toothbrush every 3 months. Are they like shaving brushes where they stay good as long as they are kept up?
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

I got my three tubes a few days ago and I already like the Fruit Mint. I don't know how long the SWISSCO toothbrushes last, but my bet is they will last a lot longer than regular (nylon-bristle?) toothbrushes. I would assume that, as long as you don't use them when you have an illness, they should last indefinitely! Since the bristles are badger hair, I wonder if you should let them set as they are or hang upside-down to dry, hehe? I will say that you use a lot less toothpaste than usual. Just a pea-sized drop is enough to make you "foam at the mouth!" But, like others have said, if you want to get the most from your Marvis, use a top-quality electric toothbrush (like the Oral-B Sonic Complete, which has excellent reviews).

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
macmini

Post by macmini »

I've been using Marvis with an Oral B for about a month and I am sold on it. Just ordered some more. It is far less sweet than American toothpastes, the mint flavors are intense, and best of all, if you brush your gums as well as your teeth, it leaves that marvelous cool feeling after you rinse. It's available on ebay for $5.00 a tube which is cheap compared to other places.

Here is the email address of the ebay company: esales@miesys.net. Unfortunately, I don't remember what they call themselves on ebay, but it's something with Italian in it. Be prepared to use PayPal as using a credit card with them is a bit of a hassle. They shipped very promptly, but do not package well. They also send the stuff signature required, which I find very strange.

Steve
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

On ebay, they're called MadeInItaly, but you can find their ebay store athttp://stores.ebay.com/GIFTALIA_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm.
This last time I had my teeth cleaned, I took in my Badger-hair toothbrush and a tube of Paradise Fruit Mint toothpaste. She said she never heard of either company or product, but that toothbrushes used to be made from either badger-hair or boar-bristles. I mentioned that shaving brushes are made from badger- and boar-hair, but that the better ones are made from badger.

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
gage0921

Post by gage0921 »

I know this is a old thread but I received my swissco badger and marvis orig. and damn if that was not invigorating. My teeth feel super slick my gums feel....well like gums and my breath is fresh and stayed fresh for quite some time even after a smoke or two. The brush is just the right amount of stifness as well. Some one posted using warm water is this necesary...never heard of using warm water. I cant wait to try the other flavors.
Sean
Ican341

Re: marvis toothpaste

Post by Ican341 »

Hi guys

I have found this website selling Marvis and on top has some flavors I have never seen before .

Marvis Toothpaste

Anybody know if they are real ?
Last edited by Ican341 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Good question. I just checked Amazon and CO Bigelow's websites, and most of the flavors shown seem to be available. They look very interesting, and even though they cost 2 or 3 times as much as the big name brands most of us seem to use most of the time, I'd love to give it a try.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Modern Ancient

Post by Modern Ancient »

I used Marvis, for a while. I liked the ingredients list, much, better, than the actual taste. I have since switched to the new (or, at least, newly available) formulation of Tom's, of Maine, Toothpaste.