Gentlemens Toothpaste.

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Aztecface

Gentlemens Toothpaste.

Post by Aztecface »

Aside from the storebought brands, what finer and classic brands are there?
gruffydd3

Post by gruffydd3 »

I like Kingfisher from England. It comes in two flavors. Fennel, and mint with lemon, with or without flouride.

Rick
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I've been using Marvis (Jasmine and Mint currently). Nice toothpaste, nice flavour, but not noticeably better than my Colgate Wintergreen.
Richard
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Post by Big Ren »

Marvis Original Mint is my favourite toothpaste. It's pricey but lasts longer than regular toothpaste due to its denser consistency. Another italian brand is Pasta Del Capitano which comes in several flavors. Elgydium toothpastes from France are another option.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor
Tryphon

Post by Tryphon »

Big Ren wrote:Marvis Original Mint is my favourite toothpaste. It's pricey but lasts longer than regular toothpaste due to its denser consistency. Another italian brand is Pasta Del Capitano which comes in several flavors. Elgydium toothpastes from France are another option.

Ren
Pasta del Capitano used to be agreat toothpaste, until they updated the formula some ten years ago. The original was a creamy pink color.
Another great, old fashioned toothpaste is Botot.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Weleda Calendula and Jason Healthy Mouth. I did not know toothpatese could taste so good.
Ed
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Thanks gents. I'll have to try a few of those brands.
prism

Post by prism »

tryphon wrote:
Big Ren wrote:Marvis Original Mint is my favourite toothpaste. It's pricey but lasts longer than regular toothpaste due to its denser consistency. Another italian brand is Pasta Del Capitano which comes in several flavors. Elgydium toothpastes from France are another option.

Ren
Pasta del Capitano used to be agreat toothpaste, until they updated the formula some ten years ago. The original was a creamy pink color.
Another great, old fashioned toothpaste is Botot.
They also make a great mouthwash, still available, Eau de Bouche de Botot; it's worth tracking down!
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

I found the Botot mouthwash pretty quick. Thanks for the advice.

Can anyone else recomend a mouthwash?
Risky

Post by Risky »

Surprised I'm the first one to mention Eurythmol.

It's owned by Pfizer now funnily enough.
James R
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

Am I the only one amused by the idea of "classier" toothpaste?

-Mo
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

MOSES wrote:Am I the only one amused by the idea of "classier" toothpaste?

-Mo
In what way?
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

Aztecface wrote:

-Mo
In what way?
I don't know. I just don't think of toothpaste as something that is "classy" or not classy. As if I could be seen as less refined for having colgate on the counter. I mean, it's like talking about "classy" shaving cream! :wink:

-Mo
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
Loki

Post by Loki »

I have been using the Marvis ginger mint and love it...however, i recently switched to a natural bristle brush and that has made a world of difference for me.

The nylon bristles in the mass produced brushes can rip the gum lines easily. Most people brush with to much pressure, much like shaving with a cartridge blade. The key is soft bristles and little pressure...trust me on this...i was a dentists kid...and i still fall into bad habits by using too much pressure...the soft natural brush reminds me to use light pressure.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

MOSES wrote:
Aztecface wrote:

-Mo
In what way?
I don't know. I just don't think of toothpaste as something that is "classy" or not classy. As if I could be seen as less refined for having colgate on the counter. I mean, it's like talking about "classy" shaving cream! :wink:

-Mo
You might be right. I've become bored with the ordinary store bought paste and thought i'd try something different and new.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Loki wrote:I have been using the Marvis ginger mint and love it...however, i recently switched to a natural bristle brush and that has made a world of difference for me.

The nylon bristles in the mass produced brushes can rip the gum lines easily. Most people brush with to much pressure, much like shaving with a cartridge blade. The key is soft bristles and little pressure...trust me on this...i was a dentists kid...and i still fall into bad habits by using too much pressure...the soft natural brush reminds me to use light pressure.
I have considered trying one of those brushes but i've never been able to find them near me.

Do you have a link to a vendor of some sorts?
Loki

Post by Loki »

Got mine from Classic Shaving
http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/i ... 839595.htm

When you first use it, be prepared for some bristles to come out, but after a few uses it slows down.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Loki wrote:Got mine from Classic Shaving
http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/i ... 839595.htm

When you first use it, be prepared for some bristles to come out, but after a few uses it slows down.
Thanks.
Donatzsky

Post by Donatzsky »

Nis
Je ne suis un homme sans fautes
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Thanks Donatzsky.