what to mix with french green clay?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
jramire2

Post by jramire2 »

I've consistently had acne, and have found that a clay mask once a week helps. Not a lot, but it's noticeable. I think the mask causing the blood to rush to the skin aids in getting the help your skin needs b/c of the acne.

I've found that it helps my acne even more if I mix in a few drops of tea tree, peppermint & rosemary. Don't use too much or else your eyes water from the vapors from the tea tree & rosemary.

If you don't like the medicinal smell, I think you might see the same benefit by using lavender instead. I just haven't tried it b/c I don't have any lavender EO.
~Joshua
javyn

Post by javyn »

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but what is "DaVinci" water composed of?
John
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Its a hydrosol mixture put out by Charles at QED.
Regards,
Squire
javyn

Post by javyn »

Question. What is a hydrosol?
John
rikrdo

Post by rikrdo »

Read THIS
rick
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yea, what Rick said. Charles used to have more than one version in his line up. Give him a call.
Regards,
Squire
javyn

Post by javyn »

I'm going to order some French green clay from a bulk herb wholesaler. I'm going to go ahead and either just mix it with plain old water or rose water from the middle eastern grocer. Doubt I need a 'hydrosol'. Doubt I need a mask in the first place, my skin is fine, but hey, green clay for 5 bucks a pound, can't beat that.
John
pjdatzil

Post by pjdatzil »

Where could one find this french green clay?
Tad
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

pjdatzil wrote:Where could one find this french green clay?
Try this site
pjdatzil

Post by pjdatzil »

I use clay masks, but is this a mask you have to mix together yourself? I am very intrigued by this idea. With the 1 lb tub of clay, how long will it last? Also, I've kind of been reading this post but I just want to be clear....what do you mix it with?
Tad
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

pjdatzil wrote:I use clay masks, but is this a mask you have to mix together yourself? I am very intrigued by this idea. With the 1 lb tub of clay, how long will it last? Also, I've kind of been reading this post but I just want to be clear....what do you mix it with?
Yes, you have to mix it yourself. It's simply the free clay and you have to add something to it.

How long it lasts depends on how many people use the tub and how often its used. If one person uses the clay once a month, it'll last a few years. You only need a small amount (A Tbsp. at most). You can mix almost any liquid you want with it. Some have used wine (I bet that smells good Art), some use water, some use hydrosols, I've used green tea before. It really is a matter of experimentation.
John

All men, by nature, desire to know - Aristotle
jramire2

Post by jramire2 »

Ricardo wrote:
pjdatzil wrote:Where could one find this french green clay?
Try this site
mmmmm, nothing like a big bowl of betonite clay for dinner! Has anyone read the betonite clay description from this site? and how it's suitable for food use.

I've never heard of it used in food before, and I'm sure it's fine, but it sure is funny to think about.
~Joshua