Winter Shaving. Your stratagies

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Winter Shaving. Your stratagies

Post by clownjuggles »

I figured since we are in one of the worst winters we have seen recently. I know locally my face in the mornings is like sand paper. We have really REALLY DRY weather. Ironically, we are surrounded by frozen water. What i have found to moisturize my skin before the shaving is to apply some cold cream and rinse it off before i get to shave. It makes my skin a lot softer and keeps the wind off it better.

UPDATE. This coming morning will be -6 below zero according to our local radio station.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Hi Peter,
Here in Ontario, we have had a week of -25 to -40`C (-40` is the same in either language!)
I always scrub my face with a glycerine liquid soap before I shave. Then I use the hot towel over top the "suds" created by the soap. This really softens things up alot.
the last few days have been a bit difficult, but today I managed to do a 1 pass shave with the DE and my WILLIAMS soap. The face is much better tonight. Should be back to normal in a couple.

That's how I deal with the dryness here in cold country LOL

Gramps
~~ Larry ~~