Another recovering skincare junkie in need of help!!!

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
whispercircuit

Another recovering skincare junkie in need of help!!!

Post by whispercircuit »

Hey fellas. I'm new here.. well, I've been trolling around this site for a bit, but I'm new to posting.

I have used so many drugstore and high end products and am now starting to realize how much money I've dumped down the drain.

Here's a list of some: Baxters, Anthony Logistics, Zirh, Sharps, Cetaphil (both kinds), Jack Black, Neutrogena, Nivea, Aquanil, etc.

I'd like to maybe try getting into some high quality soaps. I've only thus far tried the Musgo Real soap on a rope, which left me super dry... the MWF, which I'm apparently lanolin-sensitive too 'cuz I itched like crazy... the KMF Olive Oil, which was nice, but made me feel leathery after a while...

My skin is typical combination.. Clogged pores, etc.

Right now I'm using the Dove White bar and moisturizing with jojoba oil.. and every now and then toning with Witch Hazel and scrubbing with Nivea For Men.

Any good suggestions here? I heard good things about the Olivella olive oil soaps?

It seems a lot of people like the Yardley's here.. but doesn't that have petroleum in it? Doesn't that cause pores to clog?

Anyways, I'd love your feedback.. or maybe your regimens, etc. Love the site!
- Yadda Yadda Yadda
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Welcome to SMF.

I presume from your post you mean bath and body soap, right? Cusson's Imperial Leather is a favourite of mine.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
goose

Post by goose »

I agree that Cusson's is a nice soap but it is very heavily scented if your skin is sensitive to fragrances. Yardley makes a good soap for the price. I have used it for a year straight without any pore clogging issues. It can be found locally at most drug stores and some dollar stores. Pear's makes a nice glycerin soap. I also happen to like L' Occitane's soaps even though they are fairly pricey. On the high end you have Vinolia, Valobra, Penhaligon's, Claus Porto, D.R. Harris, Trumper's and Santa Maria Novella are all said to be very good.

Clint
Amann

Post by Amann »

welcome.....the Olivella soaps are good....if you can get your hands on some aleppo gold olive oil bars then that may do you some good...they have a great texture and smell. French soaps may be worth checking out too
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

No, it doesn't cause your pores to clog. You might give it a try...why not?, it's cheap enough and readily available. Since the KMF didn't apparently agree with you, your skin maybe on the drier side, really, and if so, 'Castile' style soaps may not be the way to go. I know I can't use them as they dry out my skin too much. May as well give the US Yardley a try as it is a different style soap from the KMF, whereas what you originally were considering, isn't. And, BTW, don't wash your face more often then once a day.
Regards,
Gordon
Amann

Post by Amann »

As you have combi skin and clogged pores...oil cleansing may be up your street...theres a thread here about it...have a search in google...theres an abundance of info out there. Just google 'oil cleansing method'.