extremely dry skin and face

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Rocky_Marciano

Post by Rocky_Marciano »

No never had a problem before, my skin is always dryer in the winter but not where I had a problem with it flaking before.
"Life aint about how hard you can hit its how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"
The Truthinator

Post by The Truthinator »

Can you get a hold of Weleda products in your area? I am currently using their skin cream which comes in a green tube. So far I like it, but it is a bit firm which makes it hard to apply on the face. Anyway, Weleda uses only natural ingredients for their products, which try to stimulate the self-healing processes in your skin. You might want to take a look.
http://usa.weleda.com/index.aspx
95%

Post by 95% »

...picking up an old thread here. I'm surprised that none of you gents have recommended shaving soap as a facial cleanser. Isn't this an obviously good idea? If not, why not? The high-quality SS that we regularly discuss in these forums are formulated, I presume, not just to facilitate the shave, but to be good for the skin. Most of us will have lots of partially-used pucks that can be pressed into service as an all-around bath and facial soap.

It may be that a construction worker, or any very active younger man, will need a soap with more powerful cleansing properties. But for the average guy with a low-impact easygoing lifestyle, SS would seem to fill the bill. I'm using Taylor lavender in the shower and love it.
Porter
fatcity

Post by fatcity »

Try out CereVe hydrating cleanser (comes in a white and green bottle). I have problems with breakouts when I use regular soaps as well. Works better for me than Cetaphil, and I don't have to use any additional moisturizer. I think it is sold at Walgreens.
HH
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

You might want to try Green Pond's glycerine soap. It doesn't dry out my skin like other soaps. I also use it for my whole body.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Lewis, No quality soaps dry out my skin. Those Green Pond soaps are from Droyt in England ( formarly of Germany, and Russia before that ).
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Porter, I've often used shaving soap in the shower, particularly Williams, but also because I like the scent.
Regards,
Squire
95%

Post by 95% »

Squire - I have, however, recently discovered that a shaving soap in the shower doesn't do a particularly good job of cleansing. I've been trying out Tom's of Maine unscented deodorant but have found it to be ineffective. Taylor's shaving soap doesn't remove the offending odor. I think I must look for a detergent-based body wash or maybe just an old-fashioned bath soap. But for washing the face prior to the shave, shaving soap seems exactly right.
Porter
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Porter, You really must try Green Pond's glycerine soap for the face and body. It does a really good job at cleansing and does not dry your skin out. They have a variety of scents to try.
Lewis
95%

Post by 95% »

Lewis - I'll look for that. You reminded me that I have an unopened bar of Clearly Natural glycerine soap that I should try. It's unscented. I try to avoid fragrance in my shampoo, bath soap, hand lotion, and deodorant if I can. The frangrance of the shaving soap, aftershave, and cologne are enough for me.
Porter
faceslice

soap or other ???

Post by faceslice »

hi all
for many years always had problems with soaps , drying the skin and itching afterwards with the perfumes added to the soaps , sensitive skin and then by chance on holiday in Vietnam used a soap by a company called satyam. india, the name on the box is nagchampa. lot of the soaps are fat free and coconut based , end of all my problems , now only use there range , after a shave use a tiny drop of coconut oil while face is damp , again no problem for years . having short hair even use it in my hair , i have saved with it as well while travelling , being coconut based gives a real creamy lather .my faverote one they do is the herbal and its not very expensive either . few weeks back stopped in a hotel overnight and used a shower gel in the bathroom , skin felt all dry and horrible , probably the water as well , glad to get home again .
QUICK PASS THE STYPTIC STICK