Tanning

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
John 5

Tanning

Post by John 5 »

What is your path to tan a pale, white as snow body?
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

I haven't a clue... :lol:
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

3 hours, once per week cutting grass in the summer while wearing a thong so I don't get tan lines. Oh, and steel toe boots for safety purposes.
Richard
razorburned

Post by razorburned »

rustyblade wrote:3 hours, once per week cutting grass in the summer while wearing a thong so I don't get tan lines. Oh, and steel toe boots for safety purposes.
Is that safety from the mower/yard....or because of the fact your wearing a thong :lol: :lol:
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic
razorburned

Post by razorburned »

John.....can't do much during the winter about it, but next spring/summer....step back from that uber-sweet computer of yours and step outside for a while. Use some sort of sun screen (SPF of 5-10 depending on how fair your skin is) and slowly build a tan. After you have a good base tan, you can opt for the SPF 2 oils or the like to make yourself darker, but you may risk damaging your skin some.

All in all, I would suggest not trying too hard to 'get color' as the more you tan, the older your skin will appear as you age. Some moderate tanning is good, but California fake-bake orange is BAD
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Tanning

Post by jww »

John 5 wrote:What is your path to tan a pale, white as snow body?
My plan is that I have become used to being "white-and-pasty". :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rocky_Marciano

Post by Rocky_Marciano »

I would have said move to florida but I see you are already there so I dont know?
"Life aint about how hard you can hit its how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Rocky_Marciano wrote:I would have said move to florida but I see you are already there so I dont know?
:lol:
Richard
dash maverick

Post by dash maverick »

Use a tanning bed, seriously. If you can use pink aftershave then there's nothing wrong with going to a tanning salon. Contrary to urban myths, you won't turn orange; that's only if you use sunless tanning cream. Moderately tan skin is healthy skin, just don't over do it, that's where you'll run into problems. Like all things, use in moderation.
Anthony

The Dashing Maverick
"mostly imitated, barely updated"
D.Irving79
The Great Lord Protector of the SE!

Post by D.Irving79 »

nothing. if i get tan, i get tan. if i look like an egg, then im an egg.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hey Dave - Good to see you!

Take care -

- Murray
D.Irving79
The Great Lord Protector of the SE!

Post by D.Irving79 »

hey murray. im making my slow comeback. haha :lol:
Shaving Grace

Post by Shaving Grace »

I would say that you should absolutely build up some type of base. There is no reason to not go and use a tanning bed as Dash suggested. While it may make you feel slightly stupid going in there with a lot of girls around, you can very easily structure your visits so that you are there when it is relatively quiet.

That being said, if it is sunny outside I would just go spend some time at the beach or in the yard. I find that I get the best tan when I'm not worrying about it. If you are worried about burning yourself, make sure to limit you exposure the first few times you go out.
IanM

Post by IanM »

Spend 3 bright but not particularly sunny days on a hill in Snowdonia facing away from the sun.

That's what I did a couple of weeks ago, and my face is now a shade or 2 browner than it was. I was even wearing a sun hat!!!

Ian
Those who design "Fool Proof" systems often underestimate the ability of fools.
teabag

Post by teabag »

Work outdoors. But don't overdo it.
Shaving Grace

Post by Shaving Grace »

Also, if you're going to be outside make sure that you are wearing enough clothing so that you don't get arrested but also that you aren't wearing something that will give you bad tan lines. When I'm outside I usually wear the same pair of sunglasses and after a while I start to look like a raccoon if I don't mix it up.