Foamy for hair

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
vaquero

Foamy for hair

Post by vaquero »

Also posted this on another forum as I've not seen anything about this. My mother has complained of thinning hair for several years. She's now a resident of an extended care facility and the beautician there has started using Foamy on her hair instead of mousse. The beautician said she had accidently used some on her own hair and it seemed to cause it to grow thicker. After a few months, Mother's hair does appear to be thicker. My wife is now trying it, and says she has not noticed any difference, but does like the way it makes her hair feel. Anybody know anything about this?

Alan
ChemErik

Post by ChemErik »

Do you mean Gillette foamy shave goo in a can? If so, that's rather interesting.
84.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Post by Big Ren »

I highly doubt there is anything in Foamy (Gillette Foamy I assume) that would stimulate hair growth. What the beautician is probably observing is a thickening of the hair shafts due to the residue of the product applied, and nothing more.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor
vaquero

Post by vaquero »

Yes, just regular Gillette Foamy in a can. I would tend to agree about the thickening, but it sure looks like she has a lot more hair. I was over there today and the difference is pretty striking. My mother is a former beautician and has always paid pretty close attention to her hair (until she had to go into a care facility, she always did her own hair) and her feeling is that it is much thicker. Again, we have no hair counts here, so it could well be just thickening of the shaft. My wife has not experienced the same thing so far, but has not been trying it for too long. If it all falls out, I'll let everyone know.

Alan
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Well, I do know that people use Vicks Vapor Rub to put on toenails that get fungus and that works. Lots of off-label uses for a bunch of medicine. But hey, let's see some guys do it and report back.