razor bumps

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Timpac

razor bumps

Post by Timpac »

I know this gets discussed every now and again, but I tried a product I haven't seen talked about on here that works really well. Especially on the back of my neck and head, I break out in pretty serious razor bumps every so often. Occasionally on the neck as well, though good shaving technique and DE razors have really taken care of it a majority of the time. That being said, when I get 'em bad, it especially effects my ability to shave my head well. Decided to try the Organic Root Stimulator Tea Tree Lotion and it works really well. It says to use it for a few days and it'll clear up a breakout of razor bumps and it seems to be holding true. All but the couple really bad ones I had are basically gone after two days. Has a pretty generic light scent, so nothing too obtrusive. If anyone gets razor bumps that haven't been cleared up by using a DE razor and shaving only WTG, give this stuff a try. It's fairly cheap, too. Very little goes a very long way, so I'm thinking it'll last a very long time. Walgreens carries it for sure and almost any store that has a decent section of african american skin and haircare products probably has it. That brand primarily makes products for an african american market, but razor bumps are razor bumps...
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Tea tree oil or grapefruit seed extract work really well on razor bumps.
Ed
Tommy C

Post by Tommy C »

Never had razor bumps but I know one of my buddies use Tea Tree oil and it works for him.