vote the best bath soap in tallow and vegetable base

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!

Vote the best bath soap in tallow and vegetable base

Dove Moisturizing bar
6%
Crabtree & Evelyn: Sienna
No votes
Crabtree & Evelyn: Sandalwood
No votes
Musgo Real on a bar 5. oz
6%
Musgo Real on a Rope
6%
Claus Porto in big 12. oz bar
6%
Claus Porto: Classico & Fantasia 5.2 oz bar
No votes
Caswell Massey
6%
Tuefitt & Hill
No votes
Geo. F. Trumpers
No votes
Taylor of Old Bond Street
6%
D.R. Harris
6%
Mitchell's Wool of Fat
33%
MIstral
No votes
C.O. Bigelow
No votes
Yardley US Version
22%
Yardley UK Verison
6%
Irish Spring
No votes
Molton Brown
No votes

Total votes: 18

chris1978

vote the best bath soap in tallow and vegetable base

Post by chris1978 »

Hi Guys,

I'm still thinking what is my next bath soap is going to be. I'm still using Dove in white moisturing bars but I didn't buy the new men version of Dove yet and I was planning to get today.

I have full lists of bath soap in tallow and vegetable oil base and vote.

When you vote, you have to put a comments and why did you chose the soap and why did you like/love it so much.

Chris A
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Chris, that's a very limited list (Vinolia, Imperial Leather, Nancy Boy, Cashmere Bouquet, Santa Maria Novella and "other" are missing, for example). Perhaps it's better to leave it open for the gentlemen here to update their current preferences.
Ron
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

rsp1202 wrote:Chris, that's a very limited list (Vinolia, Imperial Leather, Nancy Boy, Cashmere Bouquet, Santa Maria Novella and "other" are missing, for example). Perhaps it's better to leave it open for the gentlemen here to update their current preferences.
+1 -- I'd vote for Imperial Leather -- but it's not on the list.

Yes folks, you are reading this properly -- I prefer Imperial Leather bath soap to Mitchell's -- but only marginally. :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I like Roger & Gallet sandalwood, marvelous scent.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Vinolia. Used to be Floris Rose Geranium before they went veggie.
Regards,
Gordon
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

The reformulation of Vinolia has left me to wander; Green Mountain, ToM, Nancy Boy Sweetgrass, and forays back to original Safeguard <sigh>.
Ron
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

jww wrote:

Yes folks, you are reading this properly -- I prefer Imperial Leather bath soap to Mitchell's -- but only marginally. :wink:
I'm with you on this - there has been a bar of this soap in the bathroom of every house I've lived in for as long as I remember - well, since at least 1978 which is when I first noticed it.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

joe mcclaine wrote:
jww wrote:

I'm with you on this - there has been a bar of this soap in the bathroom of every house I've lived in for as long as I remember - well, since at least 1978 which is when I first noticed it.
The sad part for me is that we can't find it here in Ottawa -- so we have to stock up when we travel to England - or get friends to bring us back 4-packs from the market whenever they go. We have a year's supply at the moment -- we'll have to worry about the stock next fall ..... :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Gotta have the 'Fat'. Vinolia is excellent as well, especially if you can find the Queen's Warrant on the box.
I gotta get around to using the C-M Presidential soap box that I recently received. The Almond Cold Cream is going to be the first one I try.
Regards,
David
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

Two bars of Vinolia have just been delivered along with my latest MWF order. Never tried it before but after reading all the praise I thought I should.

Smells nice, cologney, and contains tallow.

Should be good.
mmortus

Post by mmortus »

My vote goes to the Fat, no surprise. It's funny because my 2 year boy refuses to get out of the shower until he gets to use the bar of Fat. My wife just shakes her head.
Regards,
Matt
Flash G

Post by Flash G »

I voted for Taylor. Lovely creamy lather and long lasting. Nicely wrapped and I like their round shape. Love the lavender, will be trying the Sandalwood and rose.
Eric
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

To those of you who have received or are still using the Warranted boxes of Vinolia, congratulations. The two U.S. stockists are totally out. Unless there are a few bars floating around at the UK home base, original Vinolia is a ghost. Anyone for a seance?
Ron
joe mcclaine

Post by joe mcclaine »

rsp1202 wrote:To those of you who have received or are still using the Warranted boxes of Vinolia, congratulations. The two U.S. stockists are totally out. Unless there are a few bars floating around at the UK home base, original Vinolia is a ghost. Anyone for a seance?
What is the difference between the soap in the box bearing the Royal Warrant and the one in the box with a picture of Titanic on the back?
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

The Vinolia without Warrant is the reformulated bar, adding palm to the tallow mix. There are subtle differences. For one thing, it's now pure white rather than a pearlescent whitish-beige. Also, the scent, to me, is slightly less sharp. I have problems with tallow+palm combo soaps anyway, in how they lather and rinse. Never fear, though: Jani will tell you the new stuff is just as good, and he's seldom wrong. :twisted: :)
Ron
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

:lol:
Regards,
Jani
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

I will try some of these products as my finances and education progresses.
For now, I use CLEARLY NATURAL which is a glycerine rich 4 oz bar for @ $1. It comes in a wide selection of scents, or unscented + vitamen E.
My favourites; peppermint & strawberry.
Gene

Post by Gene »

I like the US Yardley soaps...mainly the Lavender. Still lists tallow, nice scent. Wish I could afford the UK version - one day, maybe.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore